Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I went to order three minis for Christmas and saw that apple is still limiting us to two. Is that at a time/per order? Per apple ID? Per credit card, per address? I want them all registered to me. If I do one order if two and then another with one will one of them be cancelled? Or if I order two and find one in store and use my apple ID... Will they cancel one of the ones I order online?

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
No idea what the situation is. I have managed to order 4. Bought wifi and the decided to go cellular.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
No idea what the situation is. I have managed to order 4. Bought wifi and the decided to go cellular.

Did you log in with your apple ID for both and use the same credit card?

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
All have been registered to my Apple ID. Probably not bought with the same credit card though.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
but time to post? just sayin'

Is that surprising? Haven't you ever been somewhere you can't call from but you could use the Internet?? Like perhaps work?? Or do you not have a job yet? Seriously some of the people on this board can be so dang intrusive. If you can't answer a question then just pass. Now move along.

----------

All have been registered to my Apple ID. Probably not bought with the same credit card though.

Thanks for answering!

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Is that surprising? Haven't you ever been somewhere you can't call from but you could use the Internet?? Like perhaps work?? Or do you not have a job yet? Seriously some of the people on this board can be so dang intrusive. If you can't answer a question then just pass. Now move along.

----------

Thanks for answering!

Yes it is, because taking 2 min to make a call, vs 2 min to type on a forum where you might not even get an answer seems silly. I honestly have never had a problem with not being able to not make a call anywhere with or with out internet. Theres always skype to make a call, and it's pretty much free....still very easy!

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Yes it is, because taking 2 min to make a call, vs 2 min to type on a forum where you might not even get an answer seems silly. I honestly have never had a problem with not being able to not make a call anywhere with or with out internet. Theres always skype to make a call, and it's pretty much free....still very easy!

Well thanks for sharing your story. Despite the fact that you could have called... That doesn't mean everyone could have. It never takes 2 minutes on hold anyway. I figured someone would know... And calling customer service often yields a different answer from each rep. It wasn't a cost factor.

It's this sort of mentality that drives me nuts on this board. Just bc something is one way for you.. Doesn't mean it is the same way for someone else. When I'm watching my kids...something always happens the moment the rep picks up the phone... And I end up not completing the call. Case in point... Last week while trying to schedule the home warranty company to come out.. My oldest kicked his leg up bc he was happy about something and knocked my 2 year old in the jaw... 2 year bit the side of his mouth and was bleeding. Guess what... Still haven't had time to call them back and wait to speak with someone again.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
If you had made the call you would of got your answer by now though rather than spending time defending your actions and it would of been far more accurate than 'strangers' on the internet.

Just saying... :(

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
Wow, get off OP's back. He obviously was not in a place at the time to make a call, so he decided to try an post here for an answer. There's NOTHING wrong with that. Some of us have important jobs or classes where we can't exactly just up and make a call to apple, but we can post online instead. How you people over react and are so damn condescending is absolutely asinine.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Wow, get off OP's back. He obviously was not in a place at the time to make a call, so he decided to try an post here for an answer. There's NOTHING wrong with that. Some of us have important jobs or classes where we can't exactly just up and make a call to apple, but we can post online instead. How you people over react and are so damn condescending is absolutely asinine.

Thanks for the support!

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
A short post takes no time at all. And a post can be done discretely from work (like this post), where as a phone call cannot be made without half the office hearing.

Just saying.

LOL you haven't liked me ever so you're opinion doesn't count :p;)

I kid, but it's the truth

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
LOL you haven't liked me ever so you're opinion doesn't count :p;)

I kid, but it's the truth

If its the truth then you're not kidding.

And for the record I don't dislike you. I just think you're a troll, your that you may just suffer from a few troll-like tendencies.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
I went to order three minis for Christmas and saw that apple is still limiting us to two. Is that at a time/per order? Per apple ID? Per credit card, per address? I want them all registered to me. If I do one order if two and then another with one will one of them be cancelled? Or if I order two and find one in store and use my apple ID... Will they cancel one of the ones I order online?

buy a a gift card with the amount, then ship it to a your friends address.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I ordered the 3rd one... Same ID but different card. Hopefully all will be fine!

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
It takes a few seconds to post a question and get answers from people who share their experiences. You can be on hold forever and will get the company line, not suggestions re how you can work around the problem.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If you had made the call you would of got your answer by now though rather than spending time defending your actions and it would of been far more accurate than 'strangers' on the internet.

Just saying... :(

Why does this OP have to defend anything?

OP, like you found out, the third could be put on another card. Really seems like an ineffective way to sell since they don't restrict it to the ID, but it helps people who are trying to buy as gifts and not buy to resell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.