Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rican

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
Party in the USA
The comment may not have been uber constructive, but it certainly could be true. Maybe you're just not going about it the right way. What you are doing wrong is calling out answers you don't like as "stupid." Simply ignore the dumb ones and move on. Similarly, I could view your question as dumb and choose not to respond. It's a two-way road here.

Touché.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So, i've been single for the last 3 years now and I recently started dating after a heart shattering break up 3 years ago.

I've been back in the dating game as of 2012, and seem to find my self getting one dates and then the texts and calls trickle down.

I then laid out options. Is it bad breath? No, I floss, brush, and use mouthwash before dates.

Am I ugly? - Probably not, I have a pretty nice body, receding hair loss but I fade it and style it to make it look "normal."

Too short? Nope, i'm 6 foot.

I have an education, I have a job. CHECK.

So what in the ******* is going on?!

Recently, I went on a date with a man who made my breath cut short. We were texting a lot and due to the nature of his work he's extremely busy and travels often, but after the date and promises of seeing each other shortly after. I rarely hear from him and have to text him in order to get a response, IF THAT.

What could I be possibly doing wrong? Sigh. :rolleyes: :p

P.S i'm gay.

:eek: LOL

Well, I am sure this thread will be locked now because it's off the original topic. Thanks for all inputs!
It seems it was off topic the second it started, do you want dating help or people petting your head telling you it's not you it's the other guy who doesn't understand you and you are a great guy and someone would be stupid to not want to be with you?

rican

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
Party in the USA
It seems it was off topic the second it started, do you want dating help or people petting your head telling you it's not you it's the other guy who doesn't understand you and you are a great guy and someone would be stupid to not want to be with you?

Definitely not that.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
getting off-track here you guys, I'm sure if he wanted a bunch of whining and bitching like a lady, he would definitely come to this thread! lol

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
getting off-track here you guys, I'm sure if he wanted a bunch of whining and bitching like a lady, he would definitely come to this thread! lol

I know an awful lot of men who bitch and whine. This thread is actually a perfect example of that. We no longer seem to live in a world where men aren't party to their fair share of public bitching and whining. ;)

Spoiler Alert: Men also do laundry, raise children, and cook. I know ... shocker!

OP: just text the guy and ask if he's interested in dating. Whatever the answer is, accept it.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I honestly thought it was easier for gays. From what I've heard from several people, apparently "size" matters a lot more than in girl/guy relationships, you didn't list that as one of your benefits :p j/k

If you've been actively searching this year, maybe take a break and you might be found instead of having to do the finding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.