Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In line with reports of an Apple media event in Moscow tomorrow where the company has been rumored to be officially introducing the iTunes Music Store for Russia, it now appears that the store has started to go live in both Russia and Turkey.

itunes_music_store_russia_turkey.jpg
iTunes Music Store live in Russia (left) and Turkey (right)
With the iPhone 5 set to launch in both countries on December 14, Apple also looks to be interested in expanding its hardware and content sales in the countries in a variety of ways. Apple is already hiring for future retail stores in Turkey, and the company has reportedly been looking to begin direct sales in Russia, bypassing distributors and potentially looking at opening its own retail stores in the country in the future.

Article Link: iTunes Music Store Going Live in Russia and Turkey

djemyoudjel

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2009
Istanbul, Türkiye
Hey!

This is one of those days I have been waiting...

At the end, we are getting three Apple Stores and iTunes Music Store Turkey is launching. Cheers! :)

--

And I can confirm it's available right now on my Mac. So far only the main page is working well, songs are not listed but it's officially not out yet :)

And movie store seems to be launching as well however the book store doesn't seem to be launching.

Last edited:

Mona Q

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
iTunes Music Store (Russia) - 15 p.
iTunes Music Store (USA) - $1.29
15 rubles ≈ $0.49 :eek:

mertkutluk

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
Actually, we have 2 more stores here in Turkey.TTnet Muzik and Turkcell Muzik. Prices are higher in iTunes. For TTnet, if you subscribe 3tl / month you will get 100 songs. But libraries just suck. Bu for iTunes, Prices are soo great for printed versions of dvds / blurays and music.

pedromartins

Suspended
Sep 7, 2012
Porto, Portugal
Apple... Y U no make apple retail store in Portugal?????????? :mad:

Yes tuga friend,

10 million people,
80% earn 500 or less per month,
iPhone is sold at 699 and up,
Samsung commercials and phones everywhere (low cost).

I see a lot of Apple products at FEUP and other universities, but overall? I don't think Apple sees it as worth it when they have much more important cities and countries to open stores, like china.

emir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
Finally!! Can't get it to open from my Mac though. It has opened on my iPhone and i bought the first song ever. :) i have been waiting for this day since the day i got my first iPod and learnt that there was a store. And now we wait for the actual store...

Thanks for finally investing here Apple! You will not regret.

BTW 0.89 TL isn't really that cheap. People are so used to piracy here, hoping iTunes to get popular and kill that low quality stuff but people might say why buy when i can torrent it.

Hope not.

Also i want a TV Shows section and a movie section with large database.

Really happy!

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
Finally!! Can't get it to open from my Mac though. It has opened on my iPhone and i bought the first song ever. :) i have been waiting for this day since the day i got my first iPod and learnt that there was a store. And now we wait for the actual store...

Thanks for finally investing here Apple! You will not regret.

BTW 0.89 TL isn't really that cheap. People are so used to piracy here, hoping iTunes to get popular and kill that low quality stuff but people might say why buy when i can torrent it.

Hope not.

Also i want a TV Shows section and a movie section with large database.

Really happy!

It's always so nice to hear excitement from people who are as interested as technology as we all are, and actually appreciate it as the blessing it is by getting access to it for the first time. I hope that people will wait a few more hours before they start complaining about their inane problems here in the USA again, and take note of the tone of this post. :apple: :)

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Yes tuga friend,

10 million people,
80% earn 500 or less per month,
iPhone is sold at 699 and up,
Samsung commercials and phones everywhere (low cost).

I see a lot of Apple products at FEUP and other universities, but overall? I don't think Apple sees it as worth it when they have much more important cities and countries to open stores, like china.

Speaking if which, we still don't have a store in Taiwan and I see a million Apple products a day here. I'm not flying to Hong Kong to visit the Apple store.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Well it's all nice and good but the music catalogue is extremely limited for now. I can't find anything I listen to.

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
And ofc they get iTunes Match and iTunes in the Cloud as well. Grrr, now even Russia and Turkey have it without the Nordic having it.

vseera

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2011
Um I am surprised no one has reported this in, but in addition to Russia and Turkey, the iTunes music and film store is live in India as well, including the iTunes Match service.

Songs are Rs. 12 per song
iTunes Match is Rs 1,200 per year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.