Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
I have a 4g 20gb iPod (B&W), and as of today the headphone jack has gotten loose enough from use that jostling it only slightly causes the iPod to think the headphones have been removed and so it pauses. Does anybody know if a) there's a way to just turn off the auto-pausing, b) there's a safe (ish) way to crack the iPod, or c) some other solution?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
stridey said:
Success! And possibly a free color screen upgrade! :cool: :D
Awesome. I have the same problem - perhaps I'll be heading to the Apple Store this weekend!

stridey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Applespider said:
Don't get your hopes up too much. They replaced my 40GB black and white iPod last week (which hasn't been sold since February) with another 40GB black and white iPod... They have stashes of older models around.

Oh well. Still... Brand new iPod exactly like the one I already had! ;)

stridey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Applespider said:
Exactly. Mine was 11 and half months old so any iPod, even a refurb, was likely to be newer with a fresher battery. And it's so much shinier :D

Mine's only 5 months old, but that means free shipping, so I'm not complaining! They're sending me a box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.