Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeeTheLights

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
For some odd reason lately when I watch videos on youtube in Chrome it has this weird "swooshing" or transition effect to the right when I go full screen. This seems to be only happening in Chrome, and only on certain videos. It also tells me I am in fullscreen modw and to hit the esc button if I want to exit fullscreen mode. The only way i can describe it is like when you have multiple desktops open and you switch between them on a Macbook with the trackpad. Normally this wouldn't bother me but they seem to be slow as molasses and when I hover around the dock, the dock appears. This doesn't seam to be happening in Firefox, so it looks like I will have to switch back to FF for now.

SeeTheLights

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
What Mac OS X and Chrome version do you use? Does it only happen on one specific video hosting site (if so, which) or several?

Chrome:

Version 23.0.1271.95

Mac:

Only have noticed it on youtube. I have tried multiple things such as disabling the plugins that you don't need for flash in chrome and also disabled hardware acceleration.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
It also tells me I am in fullscreen modw and to hit the esc button if I want to exit fullscreen mode. The only way i can describe it is like when you have multiple desktops open and you switch between them on a Macbook with the trackpad.

Chrome is not in full screen mode as it relates to the OS. Hitting the escape button to exit full screen mode is related t YouTube and not the browser. Not sure about the animation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.