Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
wikus, you're a bag of negativity against Apple. Why are you here?

What you're describing is merely an interpretation. You're _choosing_ to interpret Apple's narrow product line as a personal vendetta of Steve's against consumer choice, when in actual fact it was Steve's mandate to simplify Apple's product line. That was the first secret of their successful comeback in late 90's.

Have you ever been shopping for a non-Apple consumer device and found yourself baffled by the selection (and sacrifice) of choosing one product over another? People ask me all the time "what is a good laptop to buy?". Of course I'm going to send them to a MacBook - do you want a consumer model or a professional model? That's the first question to be asked, and it's so simple to answer when you look at the specs. But try applying that same decisive question to competitor computers.

Ashton looks like a great Steve. I'm not a fan of him, so I'm hoping he does justice in a respectful way.

I'm here because I use apple products. Fortunately I didn't gobble up everything that Steve said as law, nor have I since his death. That said, I'll continue reading between the lines, I have no trust in Apple nor any other company. Its pretty ridiculous to cheer on for a company like a sports team.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Since it's a movie title and therefore a pro-noun, is the 'sic' really necessary? Grammar Police, please enlighten me.

Strictly speaking, it is a correct usage of sic to point out an odd spelling of any quoted word, but since the explanation following does that too, I would rate it as a redundancy.

Nova Sensei

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2012
Bagging A.K seems to be a sport around here.

He CAN act. Referencing roles where the character he played was an idiot is nonsensical.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
Bagging A.K seems to be a sport around here.

He CAN act. Referencing roles where the character he played was an idiot is nonsensical.

Reminds me of Tom Cruise, another awful actor who can only play roles that are similar to himself in real life: an overwhelming jackass.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I have never been a huge Kutcher fan but he has managed to play a serious role. That's what I feel this should be and if he can do that the movie will work. He already has the look.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Gotta admit he does look a lot like Steve Jobs

That's what makes it believable. Like Bill Nighy playing General der Infanterie Friedrich Olbricht in the movie Valkyrie. He had a striking resemblance to Olbricht.

Reminds me of Tom Cruise, another awful actor who can only play roles that are similar to himself in real life: an overwhelming jackass.

I don't know about that, the Stauffenberg wasn't much like him. Some of his other roles have been forgettable though.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
You should spend less time concerned with what is grammatically correct and more time working making ios apps that don't suck.

Oh no, I'm so hurt. :rolleyes: Anyway, all the feedback I've gotten says it doesn't suck, but I support your right to buy it and form your own opinion.

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
That this made for TV and direct-to-video movie is premiering at Sundance (albeit outside of the competition) simply proves at once how both mainstream and irrelevant the festival has become. Once Paris Hilton and all the other non-creative types started strutting up and down Main Street in high heels it was doomed.

Sorry, Sundance, time to shut your doors.

Oh, it is made for TV. That's a real buzz kill. I've already seen Pirates From Silicon Valley.

PinoyAko

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012
Why not give Ashton a chance? Is it because of his previous movies that he starred in? I am not a fan of Ashton but let's give him a chance to show his talent on this movie.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Sheesh, have a little respect wikus. Steve Jobs was an extraordinary man who built the most successful company the world has even seen. You could argue that he not only did this once, but twice! It's an amazing feat, and to label him as "psychotic" is disgraceful on your part, all he did was execute a product strategy for HIS company's products! What have you done?

And you know, many of us around here would label someone who posts endless negative comments in a forum designed for Apple enthusiasts as "psychotic".

But clearly Jobs was psychotic (or at least deeply disturbed), whereas anyone posting to MacRumours simply has too much time on their hands...

I'd hit that. All day long.

Ashton can be quite cute - I agree. As long as I don't have to share him with Demi Moore and Bruce Willis.

And, by the way, why does the original MR story talk about a "goatee" - when both Aston and the eventually turtle-necked one clearly have beards.

Is MR sartorially challenged?

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
I don't know about that, the Stauffenberg wasn't much like him [Tom Cruise]. Some of his other roles have been forgettable though.

Thats why Valkyrie was miserably bad movie.

That one actually ranks in my top 10 worst movies of all time.

----------

But clearly Jobs was psychotic (or at least deeply disturbed), whereas anyone posting to MacRumours simply has too much time on their hands...

If thats the case, we all need a girlfriend and jobs.

bandalay

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Canada
Steve_Jobs_Young.jpg

ConCat

macrumors 6502a
Oh no, I'm so hurt. :rolleyes: Anyway, all the feedback I've gotten says it doesn't suck, but I support your right to buy it and form your own opinion.

Hah. I see what you did there. ;)

You should spend less time concerned with what is grammatically correct and more time working making ios apps that don't suck.

His app is more than worth the 99¢ it costs in my opinion. That's a non-suck in my book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.