Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnlandino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
just ordered my iphone 5 over the phone with AT&T and my order is still processing at the moment. but i was wondering what state does their phones ship from?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
such an odd question to ask... but I guess they ship from distribution centers in major cities or something?

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
just ordered my iphone 5 over the phone with AT&T and my order is still processing at the moment. but i was wondering what state does their phones ship from?

Apple does not warehouse phones in the US.

It will ship from China

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Apple does not warehouse phones in the US.

It will ship from China
Well, they sure did on launch day. I preordered my iPhone. It sat on UPS's ramp in Louisville, KY for 6 days before moving.

OP, if you're really interested, when you get a tracking number you'll also know the shipper. Go to flightaware.com. Find your shipper. When tracking gives you a departure scan, find the time and compare it to the flights for your shipper. Find the closest one to the time and city of your departure scan and you'll know your flight. You can then track your flight (and your phone) via flightaware.

That's what I did, which is how I knew my iPhone was sitting in Louisville. Tracked my UPS flight from Louisville to Phoenix, about a 4 hour flight.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
To actually answer your question and silence the random banter this thread has garnered.

It will ship from China, almost always Zhengzhou, and arrive at an AT&T warehouse. From there it will sit until it is ordered, and will ship from either Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas (usually) or Memphis, Tennessee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.