Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rubined

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
I just spoke to two best buys in metro Detroit area and they told me they will carry only sprint and Verizon. Why would this be?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I just spoke to two best buys in metro Detroit area and they told me they will carry only sprint and Verizon. Why would this be?

The email they sent out yesterday said the same, and the online website shows the same. I am guessing this is something contractual with them and AT&T. This isn't an AT&T exclusive as Target carries the AT&T Cellular model.

It does seem like BBY has been favoring their Verizon and Sprint contracts lately... it's a lot more prevalent in the mobile section.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I spoke with someone at BB yesterday and they he said they should get them on the 23rd. But since he wasn't aware they aren't on their website, I don't really think he knew what he was talking about.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I spoke with someone at BB yesterday and they he said they should get them on the 23rd. But since he wasn't aware they aren't on their website, I don't really think he knew what he was talking about.

He probably didn't. I work there and we get announcements about when iPads come out but people on MR get the same info around the same time we do. There are no AT&T iPad minis in best buys right now.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
He probably didn't. I work there and we get announcements about when iPads come out but people on MR get the same info around the same time we do. There are no AT&T iPad minis in best buys right now.

Hey, thanks for this. Do you know if there is any plan to carry them? And on a slightly different topic, I bought a Mini at BB and when I went to exchange it, they didn't have my model in so they gave me a gift card. If I return the second one I bought can I get the money back in cash?

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
Hey, thanks for this. Do you know if there is any plan to carry them? And on a slightly different topic, I bought a Mini at BB and when I went to exchange it, they didn't have my model in so they gave me a gift card. If I return the second one I bought can I get the money back in cash?

No plans yet, AT&T and BB had a contractual issue so they stopped selling their mobile hotspots for a month. They're back now but I think the mini may be a complication in that contract.

How did you pay for it originally? It would go back to the card you paid with. If you have the original receipt that'll help or if you're a reward zone member they can find the receipt in the system.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
No plans yet, AT&T and BB had a contractual issue so they stopped selling their mobile hotspots for a month. They're back now but I think the mini may be a complication in that contract.

How did you pay for it originally? It would go back to the card you paid with. If you have the original receipt that'll help or if you're a reward zone member they can find the receipt in the system.

Thanks for the response, man. I bought it with my debit card and a gift card, so I assume I'll get some refunded to the debit card and some via a gift card. Anyhow, I appreciate the info regarding AT&T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.