Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjermzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
I have these accounting training videos, they are low quality, no need for hQ. Its about 38 hours divided into 200+ files, they are sectioned off by the book. Anyways my GF was thinking of getting me an iPad mini, because I would be able to view them anytime, anywhere. Since I dont own a iPad or know anyone that does I have no clue how the vids will look on the screen.

All the vids will look like this, http://youtu.be/3CIlcb4LghU ,but I have no clue if the letters and notes are viewable. Can anyone let my know if the iPad or mini iPad is sufficient for this, or if I should go straight to laptop. thanks ahead of time.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I have these accounting training videos, they are low quality, no need for hQ. Its about 38 hours divided into 200+ files, they are sectioned off by the book. Anyways my GF was thinking of getting me an iPad mini, because I would be able to view them anytime, anywhere. Since I dont own a iPad or know anyone that does I have no clue how the vids will look on the screen.

All the vids will look like this, http://youtu.be/3CIlcb4LghU ,but I have no clue if the letters and notes are viewable. Can anyone let my know if the iPad or mini iPad is sufficient for this, or if I should go straight to laptop. thanks ahead of time.

It is simple you want portability and also want maximum performance a Laptop without a Doubt is the Obvious choice. However having said that I think you should be able to view this Videos reasonably well with clear Text in this Video on the New iPad 3/4.. I dont own a Mini but with its smaller screen size it could struggle a bit with the text that you wanna read closely as you have mentioned.

So My Choice

1. Laptop
2. iPad-3/4

now which one to decide between these options. That would be purely your choice which should include Price, Performance, Portablity (Laptop) v/s extreme Portability (iPad) and lastly what do you imagine using more.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Would that whole screen be a part of the video (i.e. showing contents and run time on the left), or just the smaller video window on the right? If the latter, the text content in the video may be easily readable on an iPad -- even a Mini -- as long as the video itself has enough resolution; otherwise, no.

Regards,
Tom

jjermzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Would that whole screen be a part of the video (i.e. showing contents and run time on the left), or just the smaller video window on the right? If the latter, the text content in the video may be easily readable on an iPad -- even a Mini -- as long as the video itself has enough resolution; otherwise, no.

Regards,
Tom

The side bar with time remaining is what taking a third of the screen. I thought about before my gf bought me one. I really don't need or want one. But for this it would have been perfect, because I'm hardly home.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
FYI, you might also think about wrapping these up into an iTunes-U type UI, so the separate videos can be put into a nice chapter presentation ... then get the original video source, recode them, remove all the chapter/time info from the video itself.

Just my $0.02 :)

jjermzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
FYI, you might also think about wrapping these up into an iTunes-U type UI, so the separate videos can be put into a nice chapter presentation ... then get the original video source, recode them, remove all the chapter/time info from the video itself.

Just my $0.02 :)

I wouldn't have a single clue on how to do this. So far I have used iSkysoft Video Converter to convert one of the videos from avi to mp4. But this wrapping stuff you talk about, no clue. Can anyone direct me to a online resource or tutorial about this. Thanks

jjermzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
I got the mini yesterday, the pdfs look good. I converted one video and sync'd it from the itunes. The video is readable but most importantly I can listen to the instructor. I don't see myself watching the videos that much on the go. But I already got an hour of study while my GF was shopping in the mall.

Right now I trying to figure out this: I used the iBook to manage the pdf files like this one below. My problem is that the iBook views the pages individually. I need to be able to scroll the page and hide the answers. With iBook I cannot. So right now I'm searching for an app that can view the pdfs, like they usually are viewed.

Attachments

• F3.3.pdf
    297.9 KB · Views: 812
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.