Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
27" i7 680MX 1TB Fusion, Germany, estimated 27.12-03.01.
Apple will quite randomly ask for proof of edu-discount eligibility just before shipping. But they´re very generous with that, even "It´s a present for a student" works.

Yeah they are. I bought the gf's brother a 13inch MBP a year back, but used his edu discount on it. Apple rep on the phone just asked me what Uni it was, I said Durham and it was a gift, he said okay. Sale over.

msg362

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2012
Thailand
A Brit in Thailand

I realise this is all about Europe, but just for fun! I'm a Brit living in Thailand and over the last few months I've seen that we are way down the food chain,when it comes to delivery times ( still don't have iMac Minis with SIM cards yet) so I depressingly thought I wouldn't see a shiny new 27" iMac 'till sometime next year.
Last Friday I watched Aussies line up to buy in shops ( Here we are 7 hours ahead of the UK), then watched their Apple store go live on ordering. Rapidly switched back to the Thai store as WOW! it was live too! (about 5.00 pm here- ??10.00 am UK)

Ordered 27" 3.4 GHz, 3TB fusion, 8GB RAM, 680MX 2GB GPU, standard mouse and keyboard with education discount ( no questions asked, although my wife is a lecturer so I could have used her name/ID), Apple care. Came to 91,000Baht (about £1860)
Ships 3-4 weeks, delivery 24th to 27th December!

Looks like, just for once we are doing at least as well as you guys. ( I've ordered Crucial 16GB RAM from the States,so 24 GB total,it will arrive at about the same time) Super fast Premiere Pro editing here we come . I can retire my 2008 24" 2.8 GHz intel core duo with 256 MB GPU!!!!! Been waiting since May!:)

Last edited:

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Another early bird here, ordered immediately as the purchase button went live. I have a Dec 21st - Jan 2nd delivery date for a 27", 3.4GHz i7, 8GB, 1TB Fusion Drive, 680MX 2GB with trackpad.

A part of me is hoping to see movement by Friday.

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK
Another early bird here, ordered immediately as the purchase button went live. I have a Dec 21st - Jan 2nd delivery date for a 27", 3.4GHz i7, 8GB, 1TB Fusion Drive, 680MX 2GB with trackpad.

A part of me is hoping to see movement by Friday.

That would be good for everyone, but with it saying 21st for everyone I presume that is the release date.

Mine isn't on order yet, hopefully will be ordered today. I will expect it in the second week of january.

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
NOOOOO! This morning I checked my status en finally they got my money. But now it is delayed!!!!!! Almost 2 weeks... Can Incall Apple about this?
27-inch iMac
Verzendklaar: 3 - 4 Weeks
Levert: 02 Jan, 2013 - 07 Jan, 2013 via Standaardlevering

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Ordered On 30-Nov-2012

Processing Items : Dispatched: 2 - 3 Weeks Delivers 28 Dec, 2012 - 04 Jan, 2013

Not quite sure how 2-3 weeks equates to an earliest delivery of Dec 28th, but we'll see. The debit card I used expires 12/12 so I'm hoping it all goes through ok before the end of the year. Ordered from the Czech Republic Store.

Have a student friend on hand to deal with any specific queries regarding the order :D

David632

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Puzzling delivery dates

Just sat off pondering about my delivery date 21st/2nd now if you include Friday 30th as day one then the 21st would be week 3 so does that mean we might get our iMacs before the 21st?

MetzoPaino

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Ordered On 30-Nov-2012

Processing Items : Dispatched: 2 - 3 Weeks Delivers 28 Dec, 2012 - 04 Jan, 2013

Not quite sure how 2-3 weeks equates to an earliest delivery of Dec 28th, but we'll see. The debit card I used expires 12/12 so I'm hoping it all goes through ok before the end of the year. Ordered from the Czech Republic Store.

This threw me at first too, but i think they're covering any slip ups by giving longer dates up front. So if it dispatches in 3 weeks (21st), they have a week to get it to you (28th). Hopefully that might mean some early deliveries.

RichMercer

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Rugby, UK
My order has been updated today and now says "Dispatched: 3 - 4 Weeks Delivers 03 Jan, 2013 - 09 Jan, 2013". It said 21st Dec - 3rd Jan yesterday. :(

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK
I placed my order for my 27" (3.4 /3TB Fusion/16GB/680MX/Applecare) as soon as it went live and delivery by 28th Dec -28th Dec. I called Apple and they said they were trying to get them for before christmas bot over estimating incase they are unable to get them to people on time...

So the dates given are just some sort of estimate, that seems to mean nothing yet lol

RichMercer

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Rugby, UK
I placed my order for my 27" (3.4 /3TB Fusion/16GB/680MX/Applecare) as soon as it went live and delivery by 28th Dec -28th Dec. I called Apple and they said they were trying to get them for before christmas bot over estimating incase they are unable to get them to people on time...

So the dates given are just some sort of estimate, that seems to mean nothing yet lol
Well I ordered mine at the same time, minutes after ordering went live, and now have a date for January after it saying 21st. I wouldn't get your hopes up yet.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Liverpool calling.

BTO iMac 27" with i7, 1 TB fusion, 680mx delivers Jan 2nd - Jan 7th. Delayed ordering a bit until I was able to digest the ifixit tear-down first as was undecided between 21 and 27". In the end, user upgradeability of the 27" was the clincher.

Which suits me fine because we're away Christmas week and didn't want to be sitting on egg shells wondering how lonely the machine would be sitting in the back of a TNT or even worse Yodel van between boxing day and Jan 2nd

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
For allthe UK orders, I thought I would share my experience from ordering the Retina MBP in the summer which also came directly from China.
As soon as it is shipped it is put on a flight (normally Lufthanza, it was possible to track the flight) to Frankfurt. I think some flights stopped at Khazakstan. Once in Frankfurt it was loaded onto a lorry overnight and was at UK customs in Heathrow for inspection the next morning. The day after that it was delivered. So in all I expect a 2-3 day wait after shipping to UK residents.

dustless

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Belgium
Belgium here.
Delivery time 2-3 weeks

Just called Apple if i could change standard delivery to express, wasn't possible because they are directly shipped from China and so it doesn't matter. Then I asked if I could change from a magic mouse to a trackpad, was possible but this would delay the delivery, so I passed. But the friendly guy at Apple then said he would trow in the magic trackpad for free.

Just saying that this not only happens in the US but also in Europe.
Now give me the damn machine!

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
I had a problem with my visa and couldn't order until 3 in the afternoon friday. Now I have this:

iMac.jpg

I hope you guys talking about the early deliveries on rMBP and iPhone 5 are right. I hope i'll be able to enjoy my new iMac during the holidays...

Opspin

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
I am pretty confident that i were the first one to order in Denmark. :D But mine says: Dispatched: 2-3 weeks, Delivery: 27 Dec - 3 Jan... Hopefully it changes. :cool:

If you we're the first I was definitely the second, initially I got the same 2-3 weeks, but as I has to pay with bank transfer (stupid VISA and their 20.000kr limit), once the payment was processed, delivery time had sadly slipped to 3-4 weeks.

I called them about it, and the guy said he'd see what he could do...

ifraaank

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
Odense C, Denmark
If you we're the first I was definitely the second, initially I got the same 2-3 weeks, but as I has to pay with bank transfer (stupid VISA and their 20.000kr limit), once the payment was processed, delivery time had sadly slipped to 3-4 weeks.

I called them about it, and the guy said he'd see what he could do...

Luckily i used my MasterCard. :cool: Anyway, my order was just below 20.000kr. (19.550kr. If it weren't for the EDU store, it would have been 20799...) :D

Please tell me if he says anything, I would like to know. I am considering to call them, to ask if there is any chance that my order might arrive a bit earlier. :)

Beardy

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Ordered my 27" BTO the day they were released...it's has a delivery date of 27th/28th Dec since. That sounds to me like they think it will be Xmas but daren't run the risk of letting people down.

Given the 23rd through to the 26th are going to be days for skeleton staffing at most courier companies that would imply they would have to be in the UK before that time to make deliveries on the 27th.

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
Ordered my 27" BTO the day they were released...it's has a delivery date of 27th/28th Dec since. That sounds to me like they think it will be Xmas but daren't run the risk of letting people down.

Given the 23rd through to the 26th are going to be days for skeleton staffing at most courier companies that would imply they would have to be in the UK before that time to make deliveries on the 27th.

Same for me.

BTO , ordered about 8.40am(uk) due 27th/28th

I did actually initially get 21st December to 3rd January ordered at 8.05am but cancelled that to amend the order.

Last edited:

deltrotter

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2004
Hi guys

My BTO 27" is due for deliver 27/28th.

Chances are that that means they won't be able to deliver it as the Uni post room (I live on campus) will be shut over Christmas.

Anyone know if I would be able to pick up from the depot?

Cheers

Del

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Hi guys

My BTO 27" is due for deliver 27/28th.

Chances are that that means they won't be able to deliver it as the Uni post room (I live on campus) will be shut over Christmas.

Anyone know if I would be able to pick up from the depot?

Cheers

Del

Yes you certainly can. You can give them a call in advance to save the delivery guy from attempting a delivery. Do it close to the date though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.