Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glsillygili

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2011
New York
It many of these countries people can't even afford a normal mobile phone let alone an iPhone.:eek:

Your kidding right? I live in Israel and tons of people have iPhones and we've had iTunes and app store for awhile do I dunno what this article is talking about

Matrixfan

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2008
I wish Apple expanded not just geoographically, but in terms of audio quality too. I would be happy to purchase all my music through Apple in the iTunes Store if they offered lossless compression. Where I live in Europe the iTunes Store has been available for a long time, but paying for lossy compression is a no go for me.

Chazz08

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2012
New in Jordan?

I don't think so. I live in Jordan and have been buying music over iTunes for a long time. I'm not sure why they are saying they just launched it here.

iPadPublisher

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
As a content owner I'm thrilled. Russia, Israel, Saudi Arabia... Very interesting for us. This is great.

espressoroast

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Amsterdam
When did Russia and Turkey become European? They are definitely on the continental side of Asia. You could say they are part of Eurasia, but definitely not Europe.

I don't want to derail the discussion but the distinction is not at all definitive. Despite the fact that a great majority of its landmass being in what is considered Asia, Turkey is a founding member of the Council of Europe, a member of the OECD and a candidate to the EU.

I am not saying Turkey is definitively a European country, but just that classifying it as such is not beyond reasonable.

Anyway, off-topic. Great news though.

DamonBowser

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
"Kazakhstan,"

Great success!

Kazakhstan, greatest country in the world
All other countries are run by little girls
Kazakhstan, number one exporter of potassium
Other countries have inferior potassium

Kazakhstan home of dip**** swimming pool.
Its length 30 meter, width six meter
Filtration system a marvel to behold
It remove 18% of human solid waste

Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place.
From Plains of Darashik to Northern fence of Jewtown.
Kazakhstan friend of all except Uzbekistan.
A very nosy people with bone in their brain.

Kazakhstan industry best in world.
We invented toffee and trouser pants.
Kazakhstan's prostitutes cleanest in the region.
Except of course for too many scars

Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan, you very nice place.
From Plains of Darashik to Northern fence of Jewtown.

Come grasp the mighty penis of our leader.
From junction with the testes to tip of its face!
O Kazakstan is the best song ever.
Sacha, I kneel before you.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mertyz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2011
I get that they are physically on both continents. That's why I'm ok with it being Eurasian. But when 90% of a country is in Asia and it's considered a European country, that seems pretty odd to me.

And thanks for the maps... Google is hard.

I'm from Turkey and I always found this weird too :)

Shishu

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
I'm from Turkey and I always found this weird too :)

Both Russia and Turkey have heavily impacted europeean history and are normally considered to be european countries. Besides both Moscow and Istanbul are 1st tier European cities.

akbarali.ch

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2011
Mumbai (India)
In India too! i just couldn't believe it so I went and subscribe for it and instantly my bank gave me the sms for Rs. 1200 transaction, then i realized it, HELL its about time.
Aaaaand its pretty cheap here in India. unbelievably cheap. i spent Rs.650 in college days to get those Metallica CDs now its just Rs. 140.

iOfek

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Israel! Finally! hope Apple will understand how much we want Movies, Hebrew support for Siri, iWork RTL support etc., and most important - Apple Store, here in Israel.

- :apple: -

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Both Russia and Turkey have heavily impacted europeean history and are normally considered to be european countries. Besides both Moscow and Istanbul are 1st tier European cities.

While Turkey's & Russia's landmass is mostly found is Asia, there are parts in Europe.

I have an uncle from Turkey. Great guys. Will schmooze you to death if given the chance. :D If any of you ever travel to Istanbul, I highly suggest the Grand Bazaar & Blue Mosque.

Back on topic, yay iTunes in more countries!

Zyphras

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
If Apple brings TV shows to Ireland I'll love them forever. Seriously. We (finally) got commercial, non-Gutenberg iBooks titles in 2011, which was great. TV shows in Ireland would complete the whole store experience for us. Shouldn't be hugely difficult for Apple given that the UK has TV shows and frequently whatever the UK has, it doesn't take long to iron things out to get them in Ireland.

Anyway, great news for all those countries! What would be interesting would be to see how many countries the iTunes store is still not available in.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
That's very good considering that iDevices were 70% of Apple's revenue. Now at least the iTunes Store will increase at least 2-3% and bring down the iDevices to 67-68%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.