Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHailCarlo

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
iMessage is fine where it is, want it on your devices get a Mac, and some iOS devices and you will be set.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Remember when FaceTime was announced to be an open standard that would run on more than just Apple devices?

If that didn't happen, then no doubt iMessage will never port to other platforms. What they should do is add it into iCloud.com

----------

Very true, but if it wasn't the iPod wouldn't have taken off. They had to do it to break in to a new market. Not the case with iMessage.

The iPod had actually taken off long before there was a Windows version. It wouldn't be until 2 years later after the launch of the iPod that you'd even see a Windows version, and they had high sales numbers on the iPod before.

Rswaffar

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2013
And allow MS customers to use their server bandwidth?...:eek: I doubt it will happen. What would Apple stand to gain from a Windows compatible version? Not much, and if anything it might deter people from making the switch to a Mac.

I thought I would never want a Mac. I was always a PC user. I bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display about a month ago. I bought the original MacBook Pro first but returned it for the retina. It is amazing. Absolutely the best machine I have ever owned. The boot time is fast, the flash storage is fantastic. The OS is the best. You never see the little blue circle going round and round like you do on a PC. You don't have updates over and over like you do on a PC. I know that the Mac is expensive but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...The MacBook Pro is perfect, the quality of the build is excellent. If you notice, Acer and Lenovo and others are trying to copy and look like the Macbooks in their ultrabook line. Look at their prices. They are right up there with the Mac. If you want the best OS, the best quality, and fantastic features, for example what this thread is about, the imessage, that is just one of many extras you get on a mac. I promise you, once you go MAC, you will never want anything else..

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
iTunes would have anywhere near the amount of users now if it wasn't for Apple releasing the windows version.

But iTunes on a PC is a new revenue stream for Apple. iMessage is a free apple service, it doesn't cost anything to the user. However iTunes, you will buy music and movies and apps, and Apple makes money.

So porting iTunes was smart because Apple makes more money, porting iMessage not smart, cause Apple loses more money.

falk33

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2013
iMessage on PC solution

More and more of my customers are using iMessage from phones and as with most business' I have a mixture of OSX and Win devices, but my main company computer is Win7 due to Quickbooks not being available on Mac in the UK.

Yes I know about Parallels and no I'm not forking out for an iMac at this time.

Surely Apple are missing a trick with a paid program to have iMessage on Windows PC's

hi,
there are solutions out there to use iMessage on PCs. It works with all OS no matter if you have Linux, Windows ... The only thing is that you need root access to your device! But then there is an App called Remote Messages which allowes you to send iMessages direct through your internet browser! there are more infromations on how to use it over here... http://imessageforpc.com/how-to-get-all-the-features-of-imessage-for-pc/

It Is James

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2013
Washington
More and more of my customers are using iMessage from phones and as with most business' I have a mixture of OSX and Win devices, but my main company computer is Win7 due to Quickbooks not being available on Mac in the UK.

Yes I know about Parallels and no I'm not forking out for an iMac at this time.

Surely Apple are missing a trick with a paid program to have iMessage on Windows PC's

It's for the same reason they're keeping Facetime exclusive to their products - they want to leverage these features to convince you to buy a Mac.

redstonedude

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2013
imessage for windows working

Actually,
I have been tested an app called: imessage chat for over two weeks now and I have scanned it with many virus scanners...
I have looked up if there was no keylogging with looking at the apk programmation...
There is nothing found like keylogging and phishing with me, and it works great...
If you don't beleave me, too bad for you, cause it works great...
I even got imessage on my windows pc with it...
Just use an emulator like bluestacks install aptoide on it and download the imessage chat app...

It really works fine, and I didn't found any spam even in my fake mail-address...

So, like that you can have imessage for Windows and Android.

----------

Is this really possible to use i-Message on PC?

Actually,
I have been testing an app called imessage chat for over two weeks now andd i have scanned it with many virus scanners...
I have looked up if there was no keylogging with looking at the apk programmation...
There is nothing found like keylogging and phishing with me, and it works great...
If you don't beleave me, too bad for you, cause it works great...
I even got imessage on my windows pc with it...
Just use an emulator like bluestacks install aptoide on it and download the imessage chat app...

It really works fine, and I didn't found any spam even in my fake mail-address...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.