Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Got my order "adjusted" a little. :D

Attachments

• 2012iMacOrder.png
    2012iMacOrder.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 410

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
What was the delivery estimate before you called?

I was debating whether or not to call, but apparently they are all being shipped out the same way anyway regardless.

My estimate was 24th-31st, but I did not call.

I've actually been working with Apple for quite some time on a problem they've been having with refunding on a return I made. It took them almost a whole month to issue me a refund after receiving the rMBP I returned. So as part of the compensation for the issue she upgraded the shipping on my order and gave me a discount on top of the education discount I was already getting.

califlorida

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
It looks like the 21.5-inch model is shipping early. Many BTO buyers were quoted 7-10 business days, but are starting to get shipment notices for delivery in the next couple of days. I wonder if the 27-inch model will begin shipping as they are built or if Apple will wait until a predetermined launch date (it looks like a lot of us have the 21st as the lower bound of our expected delivery date)?

See the thread I just posted on this after getting off the phone with apple today. :)

EmmanuelJB

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
My estimate was 24th-31st, but I did not call.

I've actually been working with Apple for quite some time on a problem they've been having with refunding on a return I made. It took them almost a whole month to issue me a refund after receiving the rMBP I returned. So as part of the compensation for the issue she upgraded the shipping on my order and gave me a discount on top of the education discount I was already getting.

Okay... I was just going to ask. Your configuration and price don't add up either haha.

EmmanuelJB

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
My iPhone 5 came almost 2 weeks earlier than expected, hope this happens with the iMac :D

Hopefully the same happens with the iMac. It would be nice if they came before Christmas, but it would need to ship at least 1-2 weeks earlier for that to happen (for my estimate time at least).

David632

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Just sat off pondering about my delivery date 21st/2nd now if you include Friday 30th as day one then the 21st would be week 3 so does that mean we might get our iMacs before the 21st?

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
UK here.

BTO iMac 27" with i7, 1 TB fusion, 680mx delivers Jan 2nd - Jan 7th. Delayed ordering a bit until I was able to digest the ifixit tear-down first.

Which suits me fine because we're away Christmas week and didn't want to be sitting on egg shells wondering how lonely the machine would be sitting in the back of a TNT or even worse Yodel van between boxing day and Jan 2nd

Last edited:

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
:eek::confused: My order just got delayed one week and is now january 3rd-9th instead of december 27-jan3rd. I guess it was because of the wire transfer I used instead of credit card...

MarketingGuy

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Hillsborough, NJ
Which modules did you select from Crucial?

I got two 16GB kits. Here is the info for each kit:
Part Number: CT3650282
Module Size: 16GB kit (8GBx2)
Package: 204-pin SODIMM
Feature: DDR3 PC3-12800
Specs: DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...re Intel Core i7 (27-inch, Late 2012)&Cat=RAM

Obviously, I can't test it yet. But, I've always been happy with Crucial and their RAM has always worked in all of my Macs without problems. I'll let you know how it turns out once the iMac arrives.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Education pricing? Yours is hundreds of dollars less than mine with the same configuration.

I had mentioned in another post that a customer service rep I had been working with applied an additional discount as compensation for an issue I had been having.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
My delivery time hasn't changed (December 24-31) but this morning the pending transaction from Apple disappeared from my bank account. Don't know if this means they're about to actually bill it or if it's just temporarily disappeared.

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Hoping for an early delivery from my Nov 30th order. I shouldn't tease myself by looking at the US prices for my same configuration. Entered 90210 as the ZIP code to get a price including estimated taxes. US price is $500 cheaper and my price has education pricing applied also! :eek::mad::(

Attachments

• price.png
    price.png
    21 KB · Views: 128

nagareru

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
Lima, Peru
Hoping for an early delivery from my Nov 30th order. I shouldn't tease myself by looking at the US prices for my same configuration. Entered 90210 as the ZIP code to get a price including estimated taxes. US price is $500 cheaper and my price has education pricing applied also! :eek::mad::(

Thank god it is only 175$ more expensive here in Korea.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I got two 16GB kits. Here is the info for each kit:
Part Number: CT3650282
Module Size: 16GB kit (8GBx2)
Package: 204-pin SODIMM
Feature: DDR3 PC3-12800
Specs: DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...re Intel Core i7 (27-inch, Late 2012)&Cat=RAM

Obviously, I can't test it yet. But, I've always been happy with Crucial and their RAM has always worked in all of my Macs without problems. I'll let you know how it turns out once the iMac arrives.

I ordered this one. They also have a small rebate for the old unused ram:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/1600DDR3S32S/

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
My delivery time hasn't changed (December 24-31) but this morning the pending transaction from Apple disappeared from my bank account. Don't know if this means they're about to actually bill it or if it's just temporarily disappeared.

When Apple (or any retailer) runs your card, that places a hold on the funds. There is a second step, where the retailer actually charges the card. In most cases this is done almost simultaneously with the initial run of the card. Apple doesn't run the charge until shipping is immenent. Different cards issuers will leave uncharged holds on cards for different lengths of time - from a few days to as much as two weeks.

You'll know your machine is about to ship when the charge shows back up on the card.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
When Apple (or any retailer) runs your card, that places a hold on the funds. There is a second step, where the retailer actually charges the card. In most cases this is done almost simultaneously with the initial run of the card. Apple doesn't run the charge until shipping is immenent. Different cards issuers will leave uncharged holds on cards for different lengths of time - from a few days to as much as two weeks.

You'll know your machine is about to ship when the charge shows back up on the card.

When I ordered the iPad mini on release day, it placed a hold on funds, then after a few days, disappeared and then got the actual charge. I assumed the hold for this would stay on my account until the actual charge time as well. I'm just hoping that maybe Apple's getting ready to charge it and it will ship out a little early.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009

It is because unless the dealer actually has the product available they will only do a reservation - the money never actually goes out of your account. But unless they send the product a week after and charge you, that money will automatically be released again by your bank. And since apple are not allowed to actually charge you for a product before they have it available, that money will stay on your account all the way until they ship the product...then it usually take a few days and it gets withdrawn. So, it has nothing to do with stuff happening I´m afraid, it´s actually quite the contrary, nothing is actually happening...yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.