Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
The black does look nice.. hmm... hope I like my silver lol.

The delivery man turned up just before I went to work yesterday, but there were some import duties due and he needed cash on delivery and I was clean out so he took my sector away with him! Arghhhh!

Hopefully he'll be back today and I'm ready and waiting with the cash lol.

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Ahhh it took me a long time to finally decide to order this case. I really been wanting it since this thread started but I just didn’t know how I felt about the price. The way this case looks though just blows my mind so I finally gave in and ordered one Sunday. Being my birthday I just used birthday money I got and ordered it  Also ordered some lucky wraps and carbon fiber back with orange and green wraps gonna try to mix it up and make it UM colors. Hopefully mines ships on the 13th and I get it asap cuz I can’t wait to get my hands on this bad boy! I ordered a black one will post pictures as soon as I get it!!

Keep the pics coming everyone that is getting’s there now from the Dec 3rd batch!

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
Did you guys got the e-mail from Element on their new Ronin case for the Iphone 5? I don't like it at all, but adds an additional option for I5 owners.

Ronin_productpage-sliced_01.jpg

Last edited:

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
It came like, it's Very light.

I'm ok with it, it does not bother me.

For $140 I would send that piece back. No way big or small would I accept a scratch. In still waiting for my black ops. Maybe contact them and they may credit you some back for keeping it. Or swap it out. Those scratches may weaken the anodizing and cause it to wear faster.

----------

Did you guys got the e-mail from Element on their new Ronin case for the Iphone 5? I don't like it at all, but adds an additional option for I5 owners.

Ugly!!!!! Looks like a wooden Draco. I don't think they will be selling much of these.

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Ahhh it took me a long time to finally decide to order this case. I really been wanting it since this thread started but I just didn’t know how I felt about the price. The way this case looks though just blows my mind so I finally gave in and ordered one Sunday. Being my birthday I just used birthday money I got and ordered it  Also ordered some lucky wraps and carbon fiber back with orange and green wraps gonna try to mix it up and make it UM colors. Hopefully mines ships on the 13th and I get it asap cuz I can’t wait to get my hands on this bad boy! I ordered a black one will post pictures as soon as I get it!!

Keep the pics coming everyone that is getting’s there now from the Dec 3rd batch!

Good luck getting it by Christmas

Heh the stuff in the background for the photoshoot makes me laugh

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
I was going to say, has anybody gotten theirs shipped for the Dec 3 shipped date?

just to update.. I had a 29th ship date and was bumped to the Dec 3rd I received my fedex tracking number this evening the 4th.

I suppose this indicates that Dec 3rd orders are starting to go out

hidefguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
just to update.. I had a 29th ship date and was bumped to the Dec 3rd I received my fedex tracking number this evening the 4th.

I suppose this indicates that Dec 3rd orders are starting to go out

Lucky you, still waiting for mine. Wait let me check my email... Nothing:(

----------

Checking the status of my order on Elements website... "Processing". URGH!!!

Kenjichaz808

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
this is such ********. I didnt pay extra for over night shipping to not get it over night... Element sucks with their shipping time

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
this is such ********. I didnt pay extra for over night shipping to not get it over night... Element sucks with their shipping time

Unfortunately the ship date they provide is just an estimation when the orders you were grouped with begin to go out. I dont think anyone here that felt it was urgent to get the case is a fan of how they handled the preorder or the estimated ship times.

Specially since shipping began at 12$ on a 140$+ product that weighs less then an ounce :rolleyes:

Realistically it's 8 ounces in its packaged form*

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
My black Ops ship date remains for December 6 on the Element's order system should get it early next week !

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
So here's mine at last!

I'm sure not to everyone's taste, but I'm happy, and that's what counts afterall ;)

- Sector 5 Silver
- Toast walnut back
- sticker boy Extreme fit yellow wrap
- Spigen Glas.tR

As for the case, it's very well made. My one complaint is that if you squeeze the right hand side there is some flex in towards the phone - it needs bigger or more solid spacers there... anyone else got that? Should be easy enough to fix and it's not really an issue anyway.

The sides are quite sharp... I don't mean you're going to cut yourself but they are definitely not rounded. I actually quite like it as it makes the phone feel a bit more grippy, but I do wonder if slightly rounded edges might have given a nicer feel in the hand. Personal preference I imagine!

Seems like they have fixed the transport case size as mine fits in there perfectly. Not sure when I'll be using it though lol... I think they have changed the packaging too as mine was very well presented and nicely done unlike earlier complaints.

As for signal, I always get awful reception in my home and never have more than 1-2 bars... the Sectors 5 appears to have absolutely no effect what so-ever, even in this area of poor reception. Clearly they did their homework so well done element!

So anyway, some pics:

K2DmB.jpg

3zBDX.jpg

XURru.jpg

sbS9w.jpg

Last edited:

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I just got mine today, ordered the 6th of November, 26th ship date didn't ship till the 30th, didn't do overnight shipping since I'm only one state away, took them 5 days to ship 6 hours away. Case is awesome definitely worth the money

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
So here's mine at last!

I'm sure not to everyone's taste, but I'm happy, and that's what counts afterall ;)

- Sector 5 Silver
- Toast walnut back
- Spigen Glas.tR

As for the case, it's very well made. My one complaint is that if you squeeze the right hand side there is some flex in towards the phone - it needs bigger or more solid spacers there... anyone else got that? Should be easy enough to fix and it's not really an issue anyway.

The sides are quite sharp... I don't mean you're going to cut yourself but they are definitely not rounded. I actually quite like it as it makes the phone feel a bit more grippy, but I do wonder if slightly rounded edges might have given a nicer feel in the hand. Personal preference I imagine!

Seems like they have fixed the transport case size as mine fits in there perfectly. Not sure when I'll be using it though lol... I think they have changed the packaging too as mine was very well presented and nicely done unlike earlier complaints.

As for signal, I always get awful reception in my home and never have more than 1-2 bars... the Sectors 5 appears to have absolutely no effect what so-ever, even in this area of poor reception. Clearly they did their homework so well done element!

So anyway, some pics:

Looks great dude thanks for sharing the pics!!

How does the Glass.tR feel on there does it feel like it sticks out to much? I can tell it does just wanna know if feels good with the case on Thanks

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
it feels fine to me...

it sticks out fractionally above the line of the element case, but I really mean fractionally. If I hold it side on I can see maybe 0.1-0.2mm of glass above the side of the case.

feels very natural and no problem at all. The home button is a bit deeper but I got used to it very quickly. I may pick up one of those spigen alu buttons just to try out though.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
yes, the price is very cheap and the looking and quality is not cheap, i got one from sickbuye for $13.96 free shipping too.Love my Vapro 4 very much.

http://www.slickbuye.com/cool-vapor...ck_p320.html?zenid=k5fbsqal18l98e8eubepi4u507

Gotta love how people come on here and promote their fakes. Yeah the packaging from the standard edition and first addition changed, it looks better not it matters, and the transit case is bigger with a slot in the back to hold stuff like your suede backplate or credit cards etc

----------

So here's mine at last!

- Sector 5 Silver
- Toast walnut back
- Spigen Glas.tR

So anyway, some pics:

It pushes in on the right side more because it has that open side design and doesn't have any of the padding stickers on there it's normal

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
So I wonder if anyone's black ops sector 5 will ship tomorrow. Mine still says dec 6. But by the looks of it everyone is getting delayed. Does anyone think the ronin is kinda a ripoff of Draco design? Thought element was a little more unique then that. Oh we'll still ugly as h***.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Element Customer Service Good Job

I just want to commend Element customer service. They respond to emails in the two business days they promise. I had a minor scratch on my Sliver Sector 5 and the finish was modeled slightly (within spec I would say). They are graciously exchanging the case and are immediately overnighting the replacement. Their price is premium for a premium product that just plain works and the design can't be beat. Now after this my third customer service experience with five cases I've purchased for my iPhone 4 & 5 over about three years, I can assure everyone that the customer service is just plain great.:)

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
For those of you wondering about the size of the Black Ops versus the regular versions and the finish of the black bolts of the Black Ops case, I ask them and this is what they said:

Question: Hi. Is the Iphone 5 black ops exactly the same size as the other Sector 5 case colors? I wonder if the neoprene case that comes with the Sector 5 would work with the black ops well. Also, does the black bolts have the same type 3 treatment as the rest of the case? Thanks

Answer: Yes, all of the Sector 5 cases are the same size. The black bolts are colored with a different process and are not anodized.

Wonder what is the process on those then.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
For those of you wondering about the size of the Black Ops versus the regular versions and the finish of the black bolts of the Black Ops case, I ask them and this is what they said:

Question: Hi. Is the Iphone 5 black ops exactly the same size as the other Sector 5 case colors? I wonder if the neoprene case that comes with the Sector 5 would work with the black ops well. Also, does the black bolts have the same type 3 treatment as the rest of the case? Thanks

Answer: Yes, all of the Sector 5 cases are the same size. The black bolts are colored with a different process and are not anodized.

Wonder what is the process on those then.

The bolts are steel, not aluminum, so they cannot be anodized. Best case would be PVD black, most likely just passivated, worst case painted.

You could get those bolts in Titanium and anodize them a color, but last I looked it was about $1.50 each in bulk.

Size wise the black ops is going to be thicker with the backplate, but I don't mind. I love the grip of machined G10.

As for Element's CS, all my interactions with them have been good, WHEN I can get ahold of them. They have no phone queue, so it's leave a message and hope or hammer the line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.