Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacob-07

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
It's odd to me that they cut a hole for the speaker on the smoke version. I have the frosted and it's covered but has perforations so the sound will come through. Personally I prefer the smoke color but wish it covered the speaker as well.

it is covered, it's just as you described with the frost version.

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
sounds confusing... but anyone has a better picture on the smoke color??

here you go... I have both frost and smoke colors .. .both of them are nice

Attachments

• ipad 2 on ZUM.jpg
    ipad 2 on ZUM.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 208

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
All case manufacturers are scrambling to ramp up production, it seems in the past though that Zum is a little slow to market.

wrwill

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Vegas
I got my iPad with retina display and the smart cover. I was looking for a back cover to protect the back.

Looking around the board and decided this zum case is what I want. Check on amazon and got the case for $9.99. Got it three days later and the packaging said it is for ipad 2. I thought it could fit my iPad too....

tried to put it on.... extremely tough to fit ..but still can barely installed it.

The very next day... the case is CRACKED!!! OMG.. only for a day.. i was mad and emailed ZUM for a replacement.

Their rep Joey responded back quickly and asked for the receipt. He had promised for a free replacement originally.

However, when they got the receipt, they told me the case was specially designed for ipad 2 and cannot be used for the new ipad nor ipad with retina display due to difference in thickness.

How do I know??? Dont think people are aware of that!!!! They told me they could not offer a free replacement :mad:

However, they offered me to exchange for the later version of zum case that can fit on my ipad for $10 more.

I finally pay them$10 more and got the new case. The new case works perfectly with my ipad with retina display finally

PeturR

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
Lyon, France
can you not read just a few posts in the thread?

I have little bit confused on which case fits the retina display version. All of them have the same model and I believe the one for NEW IPAD is the one i need. Just want to confirm before I made the purchase.

Vento1

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Waiting for an ipad mini case to come out

I've inquired many times and they told me the case would come out end of November. After November passed I emailed again and they told me end of December. Not sure if it will come out by mid January.

Maybe Zum is holding off for rumored iPad mini with retina???

I own the Zum back case for my old iPad 2 and have it on my iPad 3. Love the back case as it integrates well with Smartcover and feels great.

MacBpro

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Chicago, IL
I've inquired many times and they told me the case would come out end of November. After November passed I emailed again and they told me end of December. Not sure if it will come out by mid January.

Maybe Zum is holding off for rumored iPad mini with retina???

I own the Zum back case for my old iPad 2 and have it on my iPad 3. Love the back case as it integrates well with Smartcover and feels great.

I emailed them and got this response "SC Ultimate for iPad mini has been started shipping since late December. Our local distributors should have them available to your local market short after. Thanks for your patience!"

When is it available ..... where can I find it:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.