Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barbosas

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
I thought TMN is using 800/2600 band for LTE ? Are you sure ? Because that would be a good news for UK consumers too.

They are rolling out 1800MHZ also, coverage is still limited though, I'm only aware of around 6 hotspots, I will try to go to one of them today or tomorrow to do a speed test.

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
I found this:
iCloud Setup
Apple has updated it's iCloud settings: you are asked to confirm your Apple ID password for FaceTime and iMessages when starting your device for the first time after installation. It asks you to confirm how people can reach you and tells you that you can change these settings at any time.
Passbook Sample Card Updated
The small text on the sample Passbook card has been updated – the UK version at least. The updates to the card are very minor with some American words written in British English – such as "movie tickets" replaced with "cinema tickets."
Reset Advertising Identifier Tweaked
Previously, when you clicked ‘Reset Advertising Identifier’, nothing would happen. The button would just blink because it didn’t actually do anything. Now, you are given an option to confirm your choice and it is now working.
Voice Dial Only Feature Added
If you still use Voice Control, there is a new section in the settings for it that allow you to set it to "Voice Dial Only." You can choose a language from the list to use Voice Dial with.
New Mobile/Cellular Data Options
There is a new toggle for mobile/cellular data for iTunes.

Someone can confirm?

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
.1 should at least bring new minor features.

We got Genius Mixes, Game Center, HDR, AirPlay and AirPrint, Find My iPhone, all with .1 releases.

I'm in complete agreement that we should see something show up that's new..

At least it's been very stable... Now bring on the goodies :D

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Something was tweaked with Airplay and AirPlay Mirroring, I am on 6.1 beta 3 and when I used to be able to Mirror my iPod touch to my MacBook Pro, via Reflection, it worked perfectly, now on beta 3 the iPod touch fails to Mirror to my Mac.... so I think AirPlay was tweaked....

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
any improvements (or rather have they completed the half finished) do not disturb feature? to allow texts or emails from people on your fav list?

tehpea

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2011
Portugal
iOS 6.1 enables LTE support for Vodafone Portugal (only on the 1800MHz band, which currently has limited coverage):

original

barbosas

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
I have abnormal excessive battery consumption if I enable Passbook access to Location Services, looks like something is being done in there.

----------

iOS 6.1 enables LTE support for Vodafone Portugal (only on the 1800MHz band, which currently has limited coverage):

Apparently LTE was already working on Vodafone on Beta 2 (there's a thread going on Vodafone PT forums), TMN was only enabled on Beta 3.

Coverage is very limited though, only half dozen of spots have LTE on TMN.

Soundflunky

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2012
I don't know why people are expecting a bunch of new features in a .x update, especially with how blah the major updates have become. We should think if these like point updates for the Mac.

Be happy with what you have, not what you think you might get.

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
I don't know why people are expecting a bunch of new features in a .x update, especially with how blah the major updates have become. We should think if these like point updates for the Mac.

Be happy with what you have, not what you think you might get.

With a 2 month beta period we should get something, especially if it's to stay:
"The world's most advanced mobile operating system."

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Beta 3 on iOS 5.1 lasted for 58 days.

True. But I attribute that to them intentionally waiting for the Retina iPad.

Given it's unlikely we will see a new iPad in the Spring (I would guess), due to the iPad 4 being released recently, I'm thinking they have no reason to hold back 6.1 and we will see it in Dec or Jan.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
With a 2 month beta period we should get something, especially if it's to stay:
"The world's most advanced mobile operating system."

I would hope the "something" is stability for WIFI, battery life for those effected, and whatever other bugs exist with the current build. Much rather have a bug free stable version than more new features with new bugs for those features that were just added.

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Where?

"VOICE DIAL ONLY

With the advent of Siri on more and more devices, it seems weird that Apple would update something that is as old as the iPhone 3GS, but if you still use Voice Control, there is a new section in the settings for it that allow you to set it to ‘Voice Dial Only’. You can choose a language from the list to use Voice Dial with."

Where is this? I cannot find it in the settings on my iPhone 4 AT&T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.