Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Probably smart. I just couldn't wait any longer

he3equja.jpg

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Dang shipping times are at 8-9 weeks!!:eek:

I'm a little surprised they aren't doing late shipments for the bumper and instead Google is just leaving them as "Sold Out"

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Dang shipping times are at 8-9 weeks!!:eek:

I'm a little surprised they aren't doing late shipments for the bumper and instead Google is just leaving them as "Sold Out"
That aspect really pisses me off.

It's not like it's a complex device. It's freaking plastic and rubber! How hard can it be???

Michael

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Makes one wonder how long the wireless charging device will take to produce in significant numbers to sell.

At least that is a standard, and there are products that can work with it right now. I think Energizer makes one but it is angled and the frictionless Nexus 4 would likely slide right off.

Michael

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
At least that is a standard, and there are products that can work with it right now. I think Energizer makes one but it is angled and the frictionless Nexus 4 would likely slide right off.Michael

I will still look forward to the OEM one when it comes out, wonder at what level they will price it.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Everything we knew it would be, plus release date and pricing:

• Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs
• Operating System: Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
• Network: 3G (WCDMA), HSPA+
• Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels)
• Memory: 8GB / 16GB
• RAM: 2GB
• Camera: 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP HD front
• Battery: 2,100mAh Li-Polymer (embedded) / Talk time: 15.3 hours / Standby: 390 hours
• Size: 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm
• Weight: 139g
• Other: Wireless charging, NFC
• Available November 13th
• $299 (8GB) / $349 (16GB) unlocked. Or $199 through 2-year contract with Tmo.

The Verge's hands on and visit to the Google building really showcase the hardware and software of the device. Some great new features to 4.2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=66-4uMQqerA

New features:
Photo Steer Panaroma mode, futuristic camera UI, widgets in the lock screen, Quick Settings pull down, Swipe-like gesture base typing in the default keyboard...

----------

I'd like to add:

15.3 hours talk time / 330 standby time _vs_ 8 hours talk time / 225 standby

It might also be worth pointing out that on the iPhone side, the price should really start at $649. -_-

-----------

Front of the Nexus 4 is beautiful. The back... love or hate. I can see both sides of the argument. I started out liking it, then hating it, now I'm liking it again because 1) it's an homage to the first Nexus live wallpaper, and 2) all the hands-on videos show that the back design is very subtle (phew).

The iPhone 5 still looks weird to me. Like it's more a chocolate bar than a phone. The back I think is love or hate too like the Nexus 4. I will say though that the diamond cut band around the iPhone 5 is absolutely gorgeous, especially the white one. The chrome around the Nexus 4 is unfortunate.

------------

Engadget's hands on: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/29/google-nexus-4-hands-on/

Did you get to order one before they went to 8-9 weeks?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
At least that is a standard, and there are products that can work with it right now. I think Energizer makes one but it is angled and the frictionless Nexus 4 would likely slide right off.

Michael

Are there any other alternatives though? Something people have tested.

MDomino

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
It seems to be live in Germany right now for the first time since the 13th. My heart just skipped a beat, when I found out.
Just ordered the 16GB version now, annoying thing: It says 5-6 week delivery time and in 4 weeks I will live abroad, so people have to send it to me and I will have to pay custom...

Good luck for the ones who are goint to order! :)

Edit: Also, after I ordered 1, it tells me now on the Nexus 16 GB site that I have reached the limit, so people cannot order the same phone more than once, apparently. Sorry, if all this isn't news, haven't really read the comments from the last days. :)

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
It seems to be live in Germany right now for the first time since the 13th. My heart just skipped a beat, when I found out.
Just ordered the 16GB version now, annoying thing: It says 5-6 week delivery time and in 4 weeks I will live abroad, so people have to send it to me and I will have to pay custom...

Good luck for the ones who are goint to order! :)

Edit: Also, after I ordered 1, it tells me now on the Nexus 16 GB site that I have reached the limit, so people cannot order the same phone more than once, apparently. Sorry, if all this isn't news, haven't really read the comments from the last days. :)

Mate if you gonna need to device sent let someone know the reciept is inside the box, mine got hold on customs because if that :) had to photoshop a reciept.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
For those who argued or thought in some form that battery life can't be improved or otherwise affected by software updates: "Another iOS update accused of causing battery drain"

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Surprise-Another-iOS-update-accused-of-causing-battery-drain_id37932

No doubt Apple will update again to fix whatever's the cause.

FWIW, however, Google has yet to release an update to address 4.2 bugs. I'm hoping around Xmas time, like they did last year for the Galaxy Nexus.

The report goes on to say this:

Not a lot of people have been reporting battery drain issues, so it's unclear how widespread the problem is.

So, what they're saying is that a small amount of random people complained that their battery life is draining faster then normal. Likely the same people who say it about every update ever. Seriously, check the release threads and within ten minutes someone will tell you how their battery is "definitely" draining faster then normal. Every.Single.Time.

I wouldn't pay any attention to that until we actually hear of some real information and tests.

Of course software updates can affect battery life for better or worse. Did anyone argue that?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
FWIW, however, Google has yet to release an update to address 4.2 bugs. I'm hoping around Xmas time, like they did last year for the Galaxy Nexus.

I sure hope so because while my Nexus 4 almost has me convinced to permanently switch from my iPhone 5, the battery life is abysmal and is a significant reason why I'm not yet ready to commit. That and the yellow blotches appearing on the screen after moderate use that will require a warranty exchange. :(

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
I'm tired of this battery life babble that I can't join in on.

So now only has Google made me mad buy not shipping my device by Christmas, but they also are making me miss a chance to complain. :banghead:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.