Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdorais

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
Gmail, Youtube, and Google Voice apps updated today...

I would bet a large sum of money that Google Maps is sitting in the App Store awaiting approval right now.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
I just love how small the font is on the iPad mini, it's just perfect. :rolleyes:

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
There's no option to play 1080p videos on the application... Even for videos that provide 1080p. What the hell?!?!

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
This is why I couldn't wait for,update.. The picture quailty is so much better than all the other YouTube subs

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Is it just me, or can you not tap the airplay button in landscape format? I'm on the iPhone 5, iOS6.0

dweezle3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Earth
Have they added support for background playing yet? I'll be sticking with safari until that happens...

luqtotheman

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
best thing apple did for iphone users:

Let google have full control of their apps!

next on the list google maps please!!!!!

Lara F

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
Montreal, Quebec
Videos buffering. Not playing well. I may still stick with Safari if this keeps up.

No issue so far, and this is with 720p HD vids.

My one wish is that videos from another user's playlist would play continuously, without having to click on the next one. It does on the Android app (just have to click the first vid in the playlist), why not iOS?

But overall - very happy it's finally updated!!! :D

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Have they added support for background playing yet? I'll be sticking with safari until that happens...

No, I don't know that they can do that now since it's not a native app.

Also, still can't watch videos full screen in portrait mode.

Nebulance

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
Videos buffering. Not playing well. I may still stick with Safari if this keeps up.

I found the Jasmine app to be a great substitute until Google gets it together. On a side note, anyone notice you had to navigate to the iPhone section to download the app on iPad?

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
There was no reason for Apple not to include this in iOS 6. Apple has nothing that competes with this. The only reason I can think off it's that it's a 3rd party app, and Apple doesn't want to ship with 3rd party apps. Would it hurt Apple to ship with the most popular 3rd party apps like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter?

I'd rather install what I need than have to uninstall everything I don't. More preinstalled apps def never been on my wish list. Ever. Unless its something feature wise (Passbook for example).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There was no reason for Apple not to include this in iOS 6. Apple has nothing that competes with this. The only reason I can think off it's that it's a 3rd party app, and Apple doesn't want to ship with 3rd party apps. Would it hurt Apple to ship with the most popular 3rd party apps like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter?
Apple doesn't include apps that are not theirs, and even then not all of them. Why would they include apps that are from third parties by default? You can easily install whichever ones you want as soon as you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.