Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmastersam

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
Essex, england
So as you can see by where i posted this, the macbbok pro is my favorite mac because it is a portable powerhouse :D .

whats yours, and why?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I'm partial to the first gen MBP as it was the first mac I purchased, the original iMac & Apple IIc also have nostalgia attached.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
The iMac G4. It was a powerhouse of a computer for its day, and I have yet to find a computer with a more striking, distinctive, and attractive design. Hence why my iMac G4 still occupies a spot on my desk :)

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 44

mrvectrex

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
47N
I like the good old Macbook White models. One of my favorite designs made by Apple. Just look at it. It's so clean and pretty!

macbook_white_late09.jpg

sno1man

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
original imac and black macbook

I still have the original bondi blue iMac. If ever there was an iconic Mac that one was it.

I also have a black macbook. Yeah it was overpriced especially since the ONLY difference was the black body, but it's still cool looking and unique. I take it to the local Starbucks once in awhile and people still ask about it.

EDIT: honorable mention to the powerbook 100. The OG macbook air. Still wish I had that one

Jedi

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
I would have to go with the iMac "GumBall" (Green) :D

Even though I had to replace HDD`s about every 18mo`s , I got about 8 years of service from it before I sold it on eBay for 50 bucks !!

Next favorite Mac would have to be the Mini :D

They are great hooked up to an HD -TV via HDMI :)

Later - Happy Holidays :D

Gary 

----------

O__BTW :

Sub Thread :

> Best Apple OS <

OS 9 Classic , gets my vote !

Bye for now :D

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas
it is a tie between the origonal iBook and the 17" Macbook Pro, dont ask me why, i have owned both and cannot decide a favorite.

the Cube is a close 2nd though!

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
My parents bought a II GS when i was like 8 years old...There's a lot of nostalgia there.

We had a Blue iMac in like 1999...I remember it was a 333MHz Processor.

I also had an eMac once upon a time.

My absolute favorite would probably be the 15" Macbook Pro that I bought in 2006. When I first bought that thing it was STUNNING. Super fast, and all my friends were blown away that I could run both XP Pro and OSX on the same machine.

That laptop did me well until just a couple weeks ago, when I broke down and bought a new Macbook Air. The Air is amazing, and will likely top my list soon (if it doesn't already).

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2007
My old PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8. I sold it a couple of weeks ago but it was a totally legit machine for darn near 10 years!

Exana

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
My MacBook Pro Retina (for the screen of course). I don't care about my oldies.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Every single Mac I've owned was a favorite at that time, it's just that some were better than others.

Hands down, I've enjoyed all my Macs!

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
It's a tie between my first Mac portable, a 1GHz 12" PowerBook, and my current Mac, a 2.53GHz 13" MBP(it would be nice it it were faster).

DockMac

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
This may sound a little weird, but my favorite Mac(s) are the Mac(s) that were never released, that we have never seen, that have gone unknown to anyone accept those who created it.

Why are these my favorite Macs, you might ask? These are the design that provide insight, to the successes and flaws towards the final design. Jobs, Ives, and company learn from this, to bring us the best design possible.

----------

However, to answer the question as the OP intended, my favorite Macs was the Black MacBook. Not only did it look sexy, but the hard drive, RAM, and battery were all easily user serviceable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.