Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G-Money

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Any ideas how this could happen? I just got the iPad today. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354690522.990127.jpg

I'd like to put it on my fiancées iPad, too, if you guys know how.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Swipe from top !

To add/remove Notification Center options : Settings >> Notification

G-Money

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
But "Weather" isn't listed there like it is on my iPhone. There's no option to enable or disable it in Settings > Notifications.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Yea, you got me there :eek:

I'm looking for that option on my iPad 4 and can't find it either... Do you have any weather app installed ? If yes, maybe it's pulling the data off of it...

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
This is a default setting in IOS6, you don't need anything other than location services enabled. No third party app is required. Both my IP5 and my Ipad4 did this out of the box.

How do you mean? I especially oppened every single location services (system services included) but I have no such a weather like that in notification center of my iPad Mini. No problem for iPhone 5 but any tips about how to enable it on my iPad mini wi-fi?

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
There is no weather app or notification banner for iPad. Can't be achieved unless it is jailbroken!

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
So the OP & the other guy are lying ?

Cause I don't think there's a jail break out for the mini

I didn't say there was a jailbreak. Actually there is not right now. There is another thread here about someone who had jailbroken and added this tweak to the iPad, then on a new ipad (using a restore of the old jailbroken one) the weather appeared in notifications. Currently you cannot on a stock ipad. There is no Apple weather app nor notifications of weather using Apples stock software.

----------

This is a default setting in IOS6, you don't need anything other than location services enabled. No third party app is required. Both my IP5 and my Ipad4 did this out of the box.

This is untrue. There is no weather app!

scorpius21

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
Lil Planet
I can confirm the weather widget on iPad mini (iOS 6.0.1). There are no settings for it and there's no weather app either, the widget only.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
I have an iPad mini LTE running iOS 6.0.1 and have neither any settings for weather or the widget appearing in the Notification Center.

The theory mentioned earlier about restoring from a jailbreak seems plausible - so this is a question to all those who have the weather widget showing - how did you set up your iPad mini and if it was from a backup, what sort of backup was it and was it jailbroken?

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
I can confirm the weather widget on iPad mini (iOS 6.0.1). There are no settings for it and there's no weather app either, the widget only.

It isn't there on iOS 6.01 on my iPad 3! :mad:

Maybe Apple thinks you only need to know the weather if you're going outside, and knows that the Retina iPads are way too big and heavy to ever leave the house... ;)

G-Money

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I set up my Mini using a restore of my jailbroken iPad 3 - but my iPad 3 didn't have the weather in the notification centre like my non-jailbroken Mini does.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Well, I have an iPad mini LTE on 6.0.1' and it has weather in the Notification Center. I believe I restored it from a backup of my iPad 2, which is also on 6.0.1, but DOES NOT have the weather widget. I think the iPad 2 used to be jailbroken before I updated it to iOS 6, but I'm not sure.

In any case, this is weird...

Oh, and btw, my weather is showing in Celsius. Anyone have it in Faurenheit?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
The stock market widget isn't available either on my ipad4. I just went ahead and downloaded the weather channel app and also yahoo market dash app. Works for me.

Apple employees I have questioned in several different locations have no idea why these widgets aren't there since they are on some other devices.

Last edited:

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Just swiped my touch 5G and while it tells me there's no new notifications, it also gives my local weather, which it states is 25F. The Weather Channel app claims 27F.

iOS 6.0. No JB.

iPod Touch has the weather app like iPhone, so this is normal,,,it's iPad we are discussing, as it does not have a weather app

pward

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2008
I also think that this is the result of restoring from a jailbroken backup; seemingly the Notification Centre settings are backed up and restored and there's enough of the Weather app in stock iOS 6 for iPad for the widget to appear in Notification Centre.

Interesting the knock-on and unexpected effects jailbreaking can have.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
I set up my Mini using a restore of my jailbroken iPad 3....

You restored from a JB backup I think

I also think that this is the result of restoring from a jailbroken backup....

guess the op got a little goodies from the last jailbreaked device.

Just my two cents worth but I also guess he used a restore from a JB backup.

Does anyone else think he got this by using a JB backup?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.