Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I'm getting the following error in the App Store when checking for updates:

"Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

It's happening on both cellular and Wi-Fi (see attached).

Anyone else getting this?

Attachments

• iosappstoreupdateserrorcellular.png
    iosappstoreupdateserrorcellular.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 187
  • iosappstoreupdateserrorwifi.png
    iosappstoreupdateserrorwifi.png
    200.2 KB · Views: 129

philippines45

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Can't Update Apps!

I have an iPhone which is iOS 6.0.1. This morning, when I saw an the notification in the App Store app, I went to go update it, but when I tapped the Updates icon, a message appeared saying "Cannot connect to iTunes Store." I can still download apps. I just can't update them. I've tried resetting my phone and logging in and out of my iTunes account but nothing's working. Help!

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Yep, although oddly not on iTunes my mac. I downloaded an app on there and synced with the cable.

How terribly old fashioned!

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
I have an iPhone which is iOS 6.0.1. This morning, when I saw an the notification in the App Store app, I went to go update it, but when I tapped the Updates icon, a message appeared saying "Cannot connect to iTunes Store." I can still download apps. I just can't update them. I've tried resetting my phone and logging in and out of my iTunes account but nothing's working. Help!

Same issue with both Mac App Store and iOS App Store.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Yep, although oddly not on iTunes my mac. I downloaded an app on there and synced with the cable.

How terribly old fashioned!

Yeah, I can access seemingly all sections of the iOS iTunes.app and all but the Updates section of the App Store.app. Odd indeed.

My post before after yours is the same problem! I'm forced to delete my apps now.

Fixed that for you. As for getting the updates, I'm just gonna wait rather then delete apps only to re-download them.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2011
iPhone App Store Updates

Whenever I click on updates in the app store it says "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" anyone else getting this?

kschong710

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
Cant open itunes Notification updated apps.

IMG_0944.png

hi i have problem to open itunes for update the app or game.only i got is just update notification.
please hepl.
thanks

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
View attachment 398534

hi i have problem to open itunes for update the app or game.only i got is just update notification.
please hepl.
thanks

I've been seeing the same thing all morning. After killing the App Store.app and re-launching it didn't work, I restarted the phone but that, too, hasn't led to the Updates section loading. Other sections of the App Store.app seem to work fine, just not the Updates section.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.