Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I'm surprised by so many negative store interactions. I've never had anything but good experiences at Apple stores. I'm sure there were getting bombarded last week and their patience was wearing thin for the same question over and over again. The store by me (Partridge Creek, Michigan) has gone out of their way more than once. When I bought my first iMac (24"), they came out with a quiet revision 3 days later. The store swapped it out and waived the restock fee "because it's the right thing to do." When they couldn't fix that machine a year later, they upgraded me to a 27". When my daughter through my iPhone 4 off my second story and the bumper cracked, the gave me a new one for free. I don't hesitate to go to that store. Guess it's just like Best Buy and anything else and it really varies from store to store and not so much a corporate philosophy. Might be a regional thing, as most of the Best Buy stores around here are pretty good as well.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
I'm not sure how many of you work at jobs that are customer-facing, but when the same person calls 10 times, and then keeps showing up asking the same questions over and over again, it's hard not to be annoyed. You're doing the same thing that 500 other people are doing, asking the same questions they're asking, and doing it with the same lunatic edge.

Don't you think you'd be a little agitated?

They have no clue when stuff is coming in. That's pretty clear. So why keep pestering them?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Some Best Buy's have the 21.5" iMacs in store. Picked one up over the weekend to hold me over until my BTO 27" iMac arrives. I think Apple stores are great, but if you are looking for a non-config model, Best Buy may be a better option (more locations, reward zone points, and longer return period 30days/60days).

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Some Best Buy's have the 21.5" iMacs in store. Picked one up over the weekend to hold me over until my BTO 27" iMac arrives. I think Apple stores are great, but if you are looking for a non-config model, Best Buy may be a better option (more locations, reward zone points, and longer return period 30days/60days).

I really want to use my triple points coupon on an iMac at Best Buy.. but alas, no BTO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.