Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtrenthacker

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
Select multiple tracks, get info, drag and drop artwork onto artwork square. No need to select each track individually.

--Eric

That's how you could do it before 11. Try it now. You will find that the artwork tab is gone when you select multiple tracks.

Undertakercl

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2011
hope they fix tv series artwork. Currently if you have multiple season of the same series itunes 11 only displays the artwork for the first season which ever episode / season you are viewing. This seems unique to itunes 11 and apple tv still shows the correct artwork, would be good to have the unique artwork relevant to the season re-instigated in an itunes 11 update.

this!

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
I would like to see them fixing the randomly disappearing Airplay button in the fullscreen mode - don't want to switch to the miniplayer all the time...

ep2002

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Wow, I've read everyone's posts on this thread, and not one of you guys are having AirPlay issues completely disconnecting since the upgrade to 11? I have an AirPort Express connected to the home stereo, and it's flaking out on me now. So far no solution in sight. :-(

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
They definately have issues with syncing 1st Generation Apple TV with iTunes 11. You can't do it!

Donut4000

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
The artwork error I keep having is that it doesn't take the new ones :S

I have completely removed the album artwork from a song in iTunes, cleared the downloaded artwork, told it to Get the album artwork and it has, some of my older ones have some shoddy googled images because iTunes didn't find them. But anywhere between a minute and overnight, iTunes will put the old image back :S

Obviously there is a cache somewhere and I haven't looked yet, so if anyone has any solution, I'd be lad to hear of it :)

+1 - there are a select few albums I have been at war with over >my< choice of album art versus >its< choice :rolleyes:

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
well, i'm glad people were complaining here so that i can collect their complaints and post it on feedback.:)

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Another thing - there's an option to resize album art in artist view but not album view. And more sort options are needed for the views other than list view.

- Meaningful help

Good point, 11 still has the help files from 10. Surprising they'd make such a sloppy mistake.

Will the manager responsible for this late, buggy release of iTunes also be fired, like the Maps guy?

Not sure if you're joking, but no comparison. Overall, this is a major improvement to iTunes and the bugs are relatively minor. These can get fixed quickly and easily, Maps will take months (if it ever gets as good as the previous map app).

apfeljonas

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Germany
cover flow = skeumorphism, its on its way out then...

itunes 11 design / UI could be the basis for OS X 10.9, which is good imo

I actually liked it...honestly if it was a skeuomorphism it would actually be made of plastic cases and that would look crappy.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Wow, I've read everyone's posts on this thread, and not one of you guys are having AirPlay issues completely disconnecting since the upgrade to 11? I have an AirPort Express connected to the home stereo, and it's flaking out on me now. So far no solution in sight. :-(

Well, besides the disappearing Airplay symbol I mentioned above there's also a discussion going on here dealing with the recent Airplay connection issues:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1500679/

ironsienna

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2010
Not to derail the thread, but can you teach me what you mean by this? I wasn't aware that there were apps that had better sound quality than iTunes. Or, put another way, I didn't realize that iTunes had bad sound quality (unrelated to inherent mp3-type issues). I'm quite curious. Thanks.

iTunes (or any player) has not a bit perfect sound reproduction when you change the volume. The lower you set the volume the more bits will be rejected and you will end up with a dull sound when it plays in low levels. This can be addressed with sound dithering. There are many algorithms for this. It seems that iTunes uses an average one. In- app volume is needed if you are playing the music through a good sound system that has no pre-amp and you send the music straight from the dac to your amplifiers. Then you definitely have to use the volume in the iTunes.

You can find some general info about dithering here:http://www.weiss-highend.ch/computerplayback/Digital_Level_Control.pdf

When you play the music through Amarra or PureMusic you can instantly find that on lower levels the sound is still dynamic with all the details preserved. Just try them, I think PureMusic has a free trial period.

Snake oil for suckers.

Thanks for stopping by, demonstrating your ignorance on the matter. Now, grab your Beats and have fun!

Last edited:

moepstar

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2012
They definately have issues with syncing 1st Generation Apple TV with iTunes 11. You can't do it!

Speaking of syncing issues - i wonder if i'm the only one with syncing issues on his iPhone 4?

I've removed a bunch of (crappy) apps from my Apps view in iTunes 11 and sync with my phone...

It then rightly complains that my phone contains apps that aren't in my library and asks me if i want to add them, and in case i don't it'll delete them off of my phone...

Besides, it just doesn't delete them anymore - is anyone having the same issue?

(iPhone is still running 5.0.1 (yes, yes, i know - but it's worked before))

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
While some of the changes were long overdue...Loosing Cover Flow and the option to re-size album covers is very upsetting. I will miss it a bunch :(

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Why dont they upgrade the sound engine too so that we can stop using applications like Amarra or PureMusic in order to get some descent sound quality?

A good pair of headphones or good quality audio system should solve that. Sounds like you're just listening through the computer's built-in speakers.

----------

While some of the changes were long overdue...Loosing Cover Flow and the option to re-size album covers is very upsetting. I will miss it a bunch :(

Might be for some but I've read plenty of forums and at least Coverflow was something hardly used. There would be no reason for Apple remove Coverflow if it was a highly popular and requested feature.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
cover flow = skeumorphism, its on its way out then...

I don't think so. Which real world object would cover flow be imitating?

Might be for some but I've read plenty of forums and at least Coverflow was something hardly used. There would be no reason for Apple remove Coverflow if it was a highly popular and requested feature.

For more than 50 records it doesn't seem to be very useful.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
iTunes (or any player) has not a bit perfect sound reproduction when you change the volume. The lower you set the volume the more bits will be rejected and you will end up with a dull sound when it plays in low levels. This can be addressed with sound dithering. There are many algorithms for this. It seems that iTunes uses an average one. In- app volume is needed if you are playing the music through a good sound system that has no pre-amp and you send the music straight from the dac to your amplifiers. Then you definitely have to use the volume in the iTunes.

You can find some general info about dithering here:http://www.weiss-highend.ch/computerplayback/Digital_Level_Control.pdf

When you play the music through Amarra or PureMusic you can instantly find that on lower levels the sound is still dynamic with all the details preserved. Just try them, I think PureMusic has a free trial period.

I would rather have my player software use gentle dynamic compression, rather than insert noise into the signal path, as explained in that dithering article. Original audio detail will be lost somewhat either way, I realize that; however, introducing high-frequency noise will ruin stereo imaging cues on quieter tracks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.