Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I ordered and received this today. Unbelievable case for the money. I would compare it to the Spigen soft clear which costs 20 times as much. And with the Spigen, I couldn't get one that wasn't scratched or damaged to begin with. This case was perfect but I'm not sure why they felt the need to put a cutout for the SIM card. The side has a tad of flex in that area. Still really like this case and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a slim clear/frosted back case. Thanks for sharing Minhimal.

Very glad you like it! Yeah, I wish there wasn't a sim cut out too. Try bending it a bit more? Mine has no more flex near the SIM card cut out. Just such a great case and an even more amazing value. :D I was considering getting a Spigen soft clear but now I guess I don't need to :)

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
I ordered and received this today. Unbelievable case for the money. I would compare it to the Spigen soft clear which costs 20 times as much. And with the Spigen, I couldn't get one that wasn't scratched or damaged to begin with. This case was perfect but I'm not sure why they felt the need to put a cutout for the SIM card. The side has a tad of flex in that area. Still really like this case and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a slim clear/frosted back case. Thanks for sharing Minhimal.

what is the difference between Belkin Candy Grip Sheer case and the case in the link below which is not "candy" . the one below is considerably cheaper.

http://www.uk-mobilestore.co.uk/prod...ase-Black.html

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
8126466693_311ca9f2c4_o.jpg

I am using this casetagram case which you can make with your own photos, you upload. However I got a new case from Gelaskins but can't get this one off!

Any ideals? Is there a trick I am missing? It is a basic clear hard case... like the one posted early on in this post...

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
I don't blame you. And their prices are too high to risk it. I still haven't received my Neo Hybrid (it took a week before they even put it in the mail!) but I'm wondering if, when it arrives, I should exchange it for the Slim version or just return it and ask for a refund based on your poor experience. I had no idea finding a case would be so hard (this is my first iPhone). I wish you luck in your search too!

The slim version of the Neo Hybrid was only just released so I don't think anyone has had time to test them yet, but I wouldn't think scratching would be an issue since it is two pieces and the silicone band is all that touches the phone. That being said, I haven't been overly impressed with SPG's customer service, the white silicone is reported to yellow very quickly, and their prices are high, so take that into account too.

which do you think is the best Incipio Dual Pro vs Ottorbox Defender vs Ottorbox Communicator

Which out of the three is the best case for the iPhone 5 . Pro/Cons of both ?

duffc

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2011
phone1.jpg

phone2.jpg

phone3.jpg

Mine:
Dodocase Durables Wallet
Spigen Ultra Air Black
Spigen GLAS.tR
Spigen Alumminum Button
Luck Labs Spectre Wrap (White)

Wife:
iFrogz Pink/black Case
Spigen Ultra Crystal Screen Protector
Lucky Labs Hot Pink Wrap

Last edited:

Feix

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
I'm currently using the Incase Slider gloss white. Since its a hard case it doesn't suffer from any discoloration. It also has enough space at the bottom for the large non-cord lightning adapter. Unfortunately I feel like the buttons are a little too hard to get to because of the thickness. Also the back seems to be a lot more thick than other cases.

I'm trying to wait it out until Spigen releases a white version of their Linear EX series. Almost bought a white air jacket if it wasn't for the OP, thanks for the heads-up on the discoloration!

Honestly I don't know why its so hard to find a hard white gloss case with buttons.

zp500

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
Reception case 5

I'm using the reception case 5 with their tempered glass screen guard and couldn't be happier. I first was looking for the glass screen protector for my new iPhone 5 and I came accross xyloglass, I purchased them along with reception case and now I'm completely protected from every angle. The front screen is covered with their tempered glass screen protector and the back with hard clear reception case. I've used may cases for the past 3 years for all my iphones and this combo is impressive both in quality and protection.
http://www.ivyskin.com/receptioncase-iphone5.html

rc55.png

xyloglass-jet.png

----------

I also have dodo case for my iPhone and love the fit and best of all that it's made here in the USA.
DODOcase_iphone5_wallet_2_1024x1024.jpg

bluebermuda

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
Dodo case discount

If you would like 10% off on your dodo case order here is a coupon that you may use.

C121126-NFRGJ4D

http://www.curebit.com/x/X3iz4

Better hurry though since it expires at 12:00 PM Pacific time on Thursday, December 6th. :D

Enjoy.

Cheers

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Case-Mate Tough case in blue/gray - My favorite case so far :)

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 65

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I'm using the reception case 5 with their tempered glass screen guard and couldn't be happier. I first was looking for the glass screen protector for my new iPhone 5 and I came accross xyloglass, I purchased them along with reception case and now I'm completely protected from every angle. The front screen is covered with their tempered glass screen protector and the back with hard clear reception case. I've used may cases for the past 3 years for all my iphones and this combo is impressive both in quality and protection.
http://www.ivyskin.com/receptioncase-iphone5.html

----------

I also have dodo case for my iPhone and love the fit and best of all that it's made here in the USA.

Does that case scratch easily ? How the quality?

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Neo Hybrid

Is it worth getting it? From watching this video...

it's a bit thick yeah?
Anyone else have the Neo Hybrid EX for the iPhone 5?
I'm thinking of picking this up this christmas for a few people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.