Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
This is a nice looking case but I kind of don't like how the top and bottom portions of the Mini are exposed. I guess I could get use to the design. I am big on a minimalist design... I will have to keep this on my list of possible purchases.

Sad... I have already purchased 3 different cases.... geez.... the money is in aftermarket products.

broboore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
The mini is not exposed. The bottom half of the case is a shell that the mini fits in.

Vector247

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
What's the weird cut out plastic bit doing along the hinge of the Canvas?

02.jpg

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
What's the weird cut out plastic bit doing along the hinge of the Canvas?

Thanks for the pic. That's identical cut-out/mechanism the iFrogz Script used and I did not like that case at all because of it. That's too bad, I really wanted to try out the Canvas since it's similar to the Devicewear, but I guess I am sticking with the Ridge.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
Just got mine. It's very nice, same good quality I'd expect from SwitchEasy! Unfortunately, there are two scratches on the back which I can only assume is a manufacturing defect - having a replacement sent. I would not let this put you off ordering one though, it is a slick little case.

broboore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Got my case yesterday. Very nice. I like it. Thumbs up Switcheasy.

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
I can't tell, does this case help with reading. I like using cases to recreate that book effect when in bed

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
ow my brain

? Is the case rigid enough to use like a portenzo, dodo or Germanmade book style case. I've had plenty of folio cases for regular ipad that I was able to use book style. Just cannot tell if this one is too soft for that, so if you were looking for clarification, I hope this helps. Otherwise have a nice day bro.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
totally rigid, totally can fold it over like a book. cover is firm and has a nice texture. is it better than say, portenzo, dodo or sgp's book-style cases? matter of taste really.

tmolloy

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
How comfortable is it to hold the case when you fold the front lid back behind the ipad mini? Does the front lid stay attached in that position or do you just have to hold it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.