Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
So I want to get my brother a good Bluetooth speaker for his iPad 3 for Christmas. He watches movies/TV shows a lot so good sound quality is an obvious must with little to no distortion when the volume is high. I'm trying to keep it under $150 but if I have to I'll go up to $200. Any suggestions? TIA.

Snarl

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Canada Eh
Jawbone Jambox is pretty good, however if you need a little more volume the Big Jambox is great but blows away your budget.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
The new beats PILL is better than the jam box....had both....

I've read some negative reviews on it so I'm a little iffy about spending that much ($200) on something that will probably suck. I'll stop by best buy later today and try it out for myself. Maybe those people he defective units.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Can I suggest one more?

JBL flip is small Bluetooth speaker that will dominate small bluetooth speaker for sure it outperform Jambox and blow away UE with $99.- direct for JBL with no shipping cost. It comes in white and black.

http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/pr...LIPBLKAM_JBL_US&searchMode=regularProductOnly

Also, check out review!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mp6s3AzG36g

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aShuOZVbwsA

Really liked this one and almost all of the reviews are great! Just went out to Best Buy and bought it. Hopefully my brother likes it, thanks!

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
Another vote for Jambox by Jawbone Excellent sound and cool looking to boot. I liken so much I got two, and another as a perfect little gift much appreciated.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I have both the Big Jambox and the SoundLink and there is no comparison. The SoundLink has 100x the bass and sound clarity. As many many reviews point out, the SoundLink is far superior in almost every way. And this is coming from me, who's not a Bose fanboy.

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I have both the Big Jambox and the SoundLink and there is no comparison. The SoundLink has 100x the bass and sound clarity. As many many reviews point out, the SoundLink is far superior in almost every way. And this is coming from me, who's not a Bose fanboy.

The only thing I didn't like about the Sound link was the volume. It is very quiet and you don't have a speaker phone. Though I agree with you the sound quality was better than the big Jambox.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
The only thing I didn't like about the Sound link was the volume. It is very quiet and you don't have a speaker phone. Though I agree with you the sound quality was better than the big Jambox.

Hmm, I haven't had the volume issue with either of the devices, so I can't comment to that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.