Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Look. The iphone 5 is good. It has problems such as wifi and such but still an amazing innovative product. The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek. And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such. Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I guess the point is, at the end of the day, it's a remarkable phone, but there're also other relatively good phones for Android and Windows Phone 8 as well. :cool:

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Yes it is a good phone.

Too bad it's not the outstanding phone Apple's capable of building. Oh well there's always 2014.

By the looks of early leaks, the 2013 model remains crippled with Apples odd interpretation of a 4.0" display.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes it is a good phone.

Too bad it's not the outstanding phone Apple's capable of building. Oh well there's always 2014.

By the looks of early leaks, the 2013 model remains crippled with Apples odd interpretation of a 4.0" display.

It's a good phone, but in comparison to other phones (even older models, like the Galaxy SIII) it falters. There's a reason why I'm using a Galaxy Nexus after my iPhone 4 and 4S.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
This is so random.

Anyways, the iPhone 5 is a good phone as all iPhones. But honestly after handling it and playing around with it, I'm still very content with my jailbroken 4S.

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
It's a good phone, but in comparison to other phones (even older models, like the Galaxy SIII) it falters. There's a reason why I'm using a Galaxy Nexus after my iPhone 4 and 4S.

I had the s3 and I've dreaded owning it. Lets not go there.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Besides a few, not that many people are whining. Some people actually have legitimate concerns and issues.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
iPhone 4 still rocks...

Since I'm not in a situation where I need to replace my perfectly good phone, I want to see if Apple actually improves its products or takes baby steps.

I have to say, Android is looking good. It was pretty bad before, but it has come a long way, almost up to par with iOS.

Jobs was right, iOS was ahead of the competition up to 5 years. Five years is over now, that statement might not be true anymore.

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
The phone itself felt cheap, like a toy, the earpiece for making calls (yes I make calls on a phone) was very loud but not clear whatsoever just blow Out sounding. I loved jelly bean but it hasn't been update on my carrier and the android ecosystem on everything but nexus is garbage. You buy a phone and you get an is that's 6 months old or won't get the next update... The phone also isn't as fluid as the iphone and the gaming on it is mediocre also the pentile display looks horrible for some things. But good for others (ill give it that)

smellysox8

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2012
Besides a few, not that many people are whining. Some people actually have legitimate concerns and issues.

Apparently whining is if you spend hundreds of dollars on a brand new product that is already scratched before peeling the plastic.

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
iPhone 4 still rocks...

Since I'm not in a situation where I need to replace my perfectly good phone, I want to see if Apple actually improves its products or takes baby steps.

I have to say, Android is looking good. It was pretty bad before, but it has come a long way, almost up to par with iOS.

Jobs was right, iOS was ahead of the competition up to 5 years. Five years is over now, that statement might not be true anymore.

I think apple will be forced into a position to make a really innovate phone again. Maybe if someone comes out with a truly remarkable product that will crush the iphone. I love the new lg Optimus but I've not used it. The links 920 was supposed to be good as well. It sucked.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
I think apple will be forced into a position to make a really innovate phone again. Maybe if someone comes out with a truly remarkable product that will crush the iphone. I love the new lg Optimus but I've not used it. The links 920 was supposed to be good as well. It sucked.

My point was that Apple needs to stop thinking its invincible (oops, not invisible) and can just keep suing.

iPhone was truly innovative (Multi-touch display, powerful UI, etc.)
iPhone 4 was a major step up (Retina display, iOS 4, cameras)

To be honest, iPhone 5 doesn't seem to be that major. Not sure if its because Android products are just getting a lot better or iOS 6 was lackluster or that there was no special feature or surprises at the event.

Last edited:

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
My point was that Apple needs to stop thinking its invisible and can just keep suing.

iPhone was truly innovative (Multi-touch display, powerful UI, etc.)
iPhone 4 was a major step up (Retina display, iOS 4, cameras)

To be honest, iPhone 5 doesn't seem to be that major. Not sure if its because Android products are just getting a lot better or iOS 6 was lackluster or that there was no special feature or surprises at the event.

I agree. The iPhone 5 is just not as stunning anymore, but I think the upgrades are better than nothing. Apple needs to figure something out soon, and also stop with the mentality that their products are always superior to others. During the keynote, it was almost hilarious that they always said "The most advanced..", "The easiest way...", "Nothing like this on the market"...

If they continue at this pace, I want to see what happens in a couple of years....

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Wirelessly posted

w00t951 said:
Yes it is a good phone.

Ahh, but is there a reason you still lurk MR?

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
From watching the threads here for a while I don't think the whining is going to stop anytime soon unless Apple at least makes an attempt to improve. It's only going to get worse.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
From watching the threads here for a while I don't think the whining is going to stop anytime soon unless Apple at least makes an attempt to improve. It's only going to get worse.

What's more, people know the next generation iPhone wouldn't be that much of an improvement but they will still purchase it. Then,

They whine.

It's a vicious cycle.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
And with good reason, I keep hoping they will once again try to be leading and inovative. So sad, they have many new followers and their loyal ones but even we are starting to die off. It's sad to watch really, Apple will be the death of themselves.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012

It's sad when a 6 month old phone is considered an older model

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
And with good reason, I keep hoping they will once again try to be leading and inovative. So sad, they have many new followers and their loyal ones but even we are starting to die off. It's sad to watch really, Apple will be the death of themselves.

I know right? I watch every single one of their keynotes every year, the iOS department is really starting to falter. I think Mac OSX is still ok, their macbooks and iMacs are still quite decent.

Can't wait and see how Jony Ive is gonna change this. I think he'll need Eddy Cue's help with this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.