Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cdiponio

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
with the dark knight trilogy blu ray is it possible to swap the UV code for an iTunes code (if so how?) and will this let me download the movie in HD? I'm in the UK btw if that's helpful :)

Not possible. Flixster in the UK is rubbish but a cloud based copy of the movie is better than none at all.

eleven59

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Expendables 2 BD also has an HD digital download. Just realized this this morning!

----------

I must've bought the DVD versions of jaws and hunger games as they show up as SD digital copies... Oh well, that at least makes sense lol

But yeah buying a BD version should get you an Hd one as well..

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
the spreadsheet now contains some inaccurate data and should not be trusted.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhvHZp29ZPvidEdqUlJLc3FXa3U3dFlEV3dBZFhTSmc#gid=0

What is incorrect? I see cdip has changed a few. Stop that. You have changed a few that are now wrong.

Expendables 2 is HD
Boardwalk 1 and 2 are HD
Trueblood 1-4 are HD
Ted is HD

Others that people have changed

Hunger games is HD
Cabin in the woods is HD
Moonrise Kingdom is HD

And all the other movie titles that are bolded were all in HD in the US.

Are you in the US, because a few of those you have changed are incorrect for the US.

Last edited:

Cdiponio

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
I am Cdip and I only make changes when I myself have a HD copy of the file in my collection.

I also collect both US and UK titles and make the sure I list properly for each region.

Any bad data/edits aren't coming from me.

The things I know are wrong are:-

Boardwalk S1+S2 are HD not ?
Cabin in the Woods is HD not ?
Jaws UK is SD not HD?
Moonrise Kingdom is HD not SD
ParaNorman is HD not SD
Pirana 3d is HD not SD
Safe is HD not SD
Savages is HD not SD
Seeking a Friend is HD not SD
TED UK and US are both HD
Expendables is HD
Hunger Games US is HD

Since last night the bad data has got a lot worse. So unless I'm really Tyler Durden - someone is either careless or messing with it.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
I am Cdip and I only make changes when I myself have a HD copy of the file in my collection.

I also collect both US and UK titles and make the sure I list properly for each region.

Jaws UK is SD not HD?
ParaNorman is HD not SD
Pirana 3d is HD not SD
Safe is HD not SD
Savages is HD not SD
Expendables is HD
Hunger Games US is HD

Since last night the bad data has got a lot worse. So unless I'm really Tyler Durden - someone is either careless or messing with it.

Too many people editing that then.

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
I am contacting HBO about Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire... I believe they are suppose to be redeeming in HD, it could be an error on iTunes part, HBO will check out and let me know. Same thing happened with True Blood, they fixed it so all seasons are redeeming in HD, but it took like 2 weeks, so be patient and I would hold off redeeming any until it's fixed.

Jaws UK is SD not HD?
ParaNorman is HD not SD
Pirana 3d is HD not SD
Safe is HD not SD
Savages is HD not SD
Expendables is HD
Hunger Games US is HD

TrackZ

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
After activating the uv copies of Batman, I got a survey feedback from flixster and uv. There were a lot questions related to iTunes and whether it is important to my purchasing of movies. I answered honestly that it was and in general expressed my dissatisfaction with the uv system.

The Batman uv movies did redeem in HD though and did propagate to my vudu account which is nice. Less disjointed than having some movies in vudu, some in flixster, some in cinema now, etc.

morty192

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
The Batman uv movies did redeem in HD though and did propagate to my vudu account which is nice. Less disjointed than having some movies in vudu, some in flixster, some in cinema now, etc.

My Batman movies did not redeem in HD poor wee 2.something GB files, I'm in the Uk though...had to rip the blu rays because of this :( still don't understand why they couldn't just have given us iTunes.....

superx

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2005
in canada we are getting the shaft, Any movie that come with UV in the states.

Since UV is unavailable in Canada. They don't even offer a Itunes version. We get nothing and we pay more then you guys do.

These company's are getting on my nerves. Then they want to scream and cry if we rip a movie on our ipad.

donrsd

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2011
South Florida
What is incorrect? I see cdip has changed a few. Stop that. You have changed a few that are now wrong.

Expendables 2 is HD
Boardwalk 1 and 2 are HD
Trueblood 1-4 are HD
Ted is HD

Others that people have changed

Hunger games is HD
Cabin in the woods is HD
Moonrise Kingdom is HD

And all the other movie titles that are bolded were all in HD in the US.

Are you in the US, because a few of those you have changed are incorrect for the US.

Finding Nemo is NOT in HD (I have 3d set too)
Jurassic Park is NOT in HD

Bunch of others with no listing that are SD or HD.
I dont trust the list.
Keep it updated.

I have about 175 iTunes digital copies & about 90 UV.....your list is a sham.

Fix it and then report back

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Ice Age: Continental Drift is SD

I even tried to blow it away and re-download it, no dice.

This is USA version..

Moonloop

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2012
Ireland
Digital Copies

Some days I really long for ( Region Free ! ) HD-Dvd :O) If the Studios would only realise that if they agreed on policy and treated the entire planet as their market rather than an unwieldy bunch of angst-ridden ' teenage ' Zones to be policed and ' parented ' in the most aggressive , irritating and stupid manner which only p's off their best customers and does nothing to pirates , then they would actually generate some of the so-called ' missing profits ' that they believe they are missing out on .

Genuine movie fans and collectors are always going to want to buy the best versions of their favourite films and have a perfect right to do so . Releases with ' Digital Copies ' should have always a Hd copy .

M

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Finding Nemo is NOT in HD (I have 3d set too)
Jurassic Park is NOT in HD

Bunch of others with no listing that are SD or HD.
I dont trust the list.
Keep it updated.

I have about 175 iTunes digital copies & about 90 UV.....your list is a sham.

Fix it and then report back

Not my list. There were too many people editing the old one all willy nilly. There is a new one that only one person can edit. I do not edit or mess with any list. A lot of the ones were entered correctly and then for whatever reason were changed.

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Ted

Just so it's clear, The Ted (Unrated) Bluray Combo Pack redeems Ted in HD on iTunes, but it's the Theatrical Version not the Unrated Version and this is verified by Universal!

Last edited:

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I've given up on the digital copy nonsense and just rip the Blu-Rays myself to 1080p.

And don't get me started on that stupid UltraViolet nonsense....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.