Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanMonkey7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Hi there,

My friend is going to NYC on monday for a shopping trip and is picking me up and iPad Mini Wifi 32gb. I've given him $429 but now have heard it may be more due to taxes and I've also read some states don't charge.I was wondering what the total cost would actually be from Apple store on 5th Ave?

Thanks again

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
Good luck finding it at 5th Ave. They are always sold out. It's the most touristy Apple Store in NYC.

Your friend should call ahead before going to the stores. Have him or her check SoHo, Grand Central and West 14th first.

RyanMonkey7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Thanks guys for the price!

Good luck finding it at 5th Ave. They are always sold out. It's the most touristy Apple Store in NYC.

Your friend should call ahead before going to the stores. Have him or her check SoHo, Grand Central and West 14th first.

Ah I have no idea where he's staying but that's the only store I've heard of so assumed he's going there. Thanks for the advice, do you think there's a chance ill get one from those stores?

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
Thanks guys for the price!

Ah I have no idea where he's staying but that's the only store I've heard of so assumed he's going there. Thanks for the advice, do you think there's a chance ill get one from those stores?

It really depends on which iPad mini model you're looking for and the availability of shipment on that particular day. The 16GB models are scarce and sell out the quickest. I've been calling all 5 Apple stores in NYC for a 16GB Wi-Fi only for my mom but no luck yet...

All I can say is have him prepare to check the aforementioned stores, plus 5th Ave. and Upper West Side. Good luck! :)

spring

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
Bergen County, NJ
It really depends on which iPad mini model you're looking for and the availability of shipment on that particular day. The 16GB models are scarce and sell out the quickest. I've been calling all 5 Apple stores in NYC for a 16GB Wi-Fi only for my mom but no luck yet...

All I can say is have him prepare to check the aforementioned stores, plus 5th Ave. and Upper West Side. Good luck! :)
Come to Jersey. They always seem to have stock at Garden State Plaza.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Come to Jersey. They always seem to have stock at Garden State Plaza.

This is an excellent suggestion.

I have bought from this store when in NY on business. It's never the mad house like the tourist destination stores in NY, and in my experience they carry a very large inventory.

RyanMonkey7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
How far away is Jersey from Central park?

I cant buy online and deliver as none of the stores will let me i tried last night :(

Just got to hope he can get one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.