Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
I ordered today

27inch i5
Standard 8 GB ram
Fusion 1 TB
680MX

Delivery projected 3-9 January ( Belgium)

richest

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
I thought old UK stock sold, and any old models moved to re furb sales.

Not John Lewis. They will confuse some punters by not making this clear.

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
So the earliest 27" delivery time is 21-28th?

I thought somebody had posted 16 - ? before, could be wrong though or it was for a 21.5. According to Apple reps on the phone there seems to be a good chance that they'll deliver the iMacs a couple of days before the 21st - of course, no guaranty and I personally have no experience with Apple in that regard, to even speak on that topic.

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
So now that I've changed my ship-to address to where I'll be for the holiday week, would I be able to change it back to my home address if it ships earlier than expected? I'm afraid that once it's been shipped, UPS or Fedex won't allow changes...

monoskier

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
You can change the shipping info with UPS up to the day of. I think it costs you a few bucks to do so though (you may have to set up a MyUPS account). Not sure about FedEx.

vannibombonato

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2007
Placed my order today after changing 4 configs...

Italy.
Maxed Out BTO 27'', 1TB Fusion, 680MX.

Delivery 4-10 Jan, didn't change vs. the order i had placed 4-5 days ago (and which i cancelled obviously).

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I think that the delivery dates will be very conservative. I ordered straight away and have a Friday 21st delivery date, I expect it will be with me earlier in that week. I am hoping for the 14th, it said 2-3 weeks so the 14th would be 2 weeks after the order date. Who knows.

Just as a side note, when the rMBP was released in the summer, someone had the insight to set up a google doc that we all put our information into, e.g.; order date and time, config, expected deliv date, shipped or not etc. So that we could all see if our orders were getting closer to ship. It was a good idea and will make more sense when orders start shipping. I would set one up if people want to do it but don't have much time to maintain it at the moment.
It also requires everyone to be sensible and not delete the data in it. or for someone to keep saving the data on regular intervals.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I think that the delivery dates will be very conservative. I ordered straight away and have a Friday 21st delivery date, I expect it will be with me earlier in that week. I am hoping for the 14th, it said 2-3 weeks so the 14th would be 2 weeks after the order date. Who knows.

I believe they will be conservative as well but I think you have the time frames mixed up.

Apple states that orders will be available to ship (in) 2-3 weeks, meaning shipments will depart warehouses by that time frame. And since it may take up to a week in transit, especially if they come from China, Apple states that your order Delivers (by) Dec 24 - Dec 31, or whatever other various time frames other folks may be listing.

So most likely, orders probably won't be delivered within 2 weeks of placing the order. Though I'd love to be wrong!

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Ordered at about 2:15am central time on November 30th. Originally got the December 24 - 31 arrival time. Considering that it's iffy if I'm going to be in state for that time (family Christmas, after all), I called Apple and asked about upgrading to expedited or rush shipping. They upgraded it to next day shipping "as a courtesy" (very friendly operator, by the way), so hopefully, this lines up more with my schedule.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 9.03.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 9.03.09 PM.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 111

gibjer

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2003
Keep in mind this is already the busiest time of the year for packages and flights, so anything due to ship near Christmas is a crapshoot.

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
No Way!

Ordered online @310am est on the 30th via Apple website.
BTO
3.4 i7
Fusion 1tb
applecare
2-3 weeks ships
delivers Dec 24th- Dec 31 by Standard Shipping.

It has received excellent reviews so far. It isnt much of a change from my current iMac with it being the version just before this new one but my brother needed a new system and this will be his first Mac, so I decided to help him out.

----------

Ordered at about 2:15am central time on November 30th. Originally got the December 24 - 31 arrival time. Considering that it's iffy if I'm going to be in state for that time (family Christmas, after all), I called Apple and asked about upgrading to expedited or rush shipping. They upgraded it to next day shipping "as a courtesy" (very friendly operator, by the way), so hopefully, this lines up more with my schedule.

With changing it to only 3-5 days earlier is highly unlikely to make a difference that time of year with being so close to Christmas. They say in order to receive before Christmas, which I am not counting on, one would have to ship on the 19th or earlier. So standard and free is fine with me, just hoping to get before new years day with a Dec 24-31 delivery showing. However, I have received everything I ever ordered from Apple earlier then what they have told me. So we shall see:)

usethisname

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
BTO: 27" 3.2 GHz i5, 8GB, 1TB fusion, 680MX with apple care and trackpad is delivering January 6-10 (standard shipping). Ordered Dec. 5th at 11:15 PM PST through Apple website. 32 GB of crucial going in.
AHHH!!!:D:D
First iMac. SO STOKED. Now to figure out how to trade my 2012 MBP for an air...

Last edited:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Ordered online @310am est on the 30th via Apple website.
BTO
3.4 i7
Fusion 1tb
applecare
2-3 weeks ships
delivers Dec 24th- Dec 31 by Standard Shipping.

It has received excellent reviews so far. It isnt much of a change from my current iMac with it being the version just before this new one but my brother needed a new system and this will be his first Mac, so I decided to help him out.

----------

With changing it to only 3-5 days earlier is highly unlikely to make a difference that time of year with being so close to Christmas. They say in order to receive before Christmas, which I am not counting on, one would have to ship on the 19th or earlier. So standard and free is fine with me, just hoping to get before new years day with a Dec 24-31 delivery showing. However, I have received everything I ever ordered from Apple earlier then what they have told me. So we shall see:)

They can send me it whenever the hell they want, as long as the screen is fine.

*crosses fingers*

KiwiPhoto

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Nz

In New Zealand, ordered as soon as the stored opened last Friday night, delivery 21-27 Dec

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California
I'm leaving the darkside. This is my first Mac. I think I'm doing it right. :D

CA, ordered around 01:45 PST Nov 30.

Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 21 - Dec 28 via 2 Business Days
Configuration
•3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•3TB Fusion Drive
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•AppleCare

I'll have 4 x 8GB Crucial SODIMM's waiting on the delivery. A very good friend had Apple send me a 3TB Time Capsule and an Apple SuperDrive, they both arrived today.

I'm set. HoHoHo :)

Last edited:

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I believe they will be conservative as well but I think you have the time frames mixed up.

Apple states that orders will be available to ship (in) 2-3 weeks, meaning shipments will depart warehouses by that time frame. And since it may take up to a week in transit, especially if they come from China, Apple states that your order Delivers (by) Dec 24 - Dec 31, or whatever other various time frames other folks may be listing.

So most likely, orders probably won't be delivered within 2 weeks of placing the order. Though I'd love to be wrong!
I did mean that I am hoping for it to ship on the 14th not be delivered, I should have been more clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.