Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

macupdate_bundle.png
A few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate to promote their Mac application bundle deal.

Their latest bundle delivers 12 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $609 value if all purchased separately). Notably, it includes Data Rescue 3, a data recovery tool, as well as two popular games, Company of Heroes and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

The full bundle includes (retail value in parenthesis):

- Data Rescue 3 ($99.99) - Recover lost data on drives.
- Espresso 2 ($75.00) - Powerful HTML, XML, CSS and JavaScript development tool.
- Snapz Pro X 2.5 ($69.00) - Powerful screenshot and video capture utility.
- TotalFinder ($18.00) - Adds tabs, hotkeys, and other tweaks to the Finder.
- TotalSpaces ($15.00) - Brings grid-style Spaces to OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
- Mac DVDRipper Pro 4 ($24.95) - DVD ripping tool.
- PopChar X 6 ($38.00) - Floating window shows available font characters.
- MoneyWell 2 ($49.99) - Personal finance manager with a single-window interface.
- Swift Publisher 3 ($29.95) - Print shop layout creation tool with 1100 image goodies.
- Company of Heroes ($29.99) - Real-time strategy game with two expansion packs included.
- Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 ($29.99) - Theme park simulation game.

The first 12,000 buyers also get Live Interior 3D Pro ($49.95 value).

All apps together are being sold for $49.99 until December 19th. MacRumors is a promotional partner with MacUpdate. Bundle sales through these links benefit MacRumors financially, and provide a way for readers to directly support this site.

Article Link: MacUpdate Bundle: 12 Mac Apps for $49.99, Including Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
Roller coaster tycoon 3:

Developer(s) Frontier Developments
Publisher(s) Atari, Inc.
Composer(s) Alistair Lindsay
Platform(s) Mac OS X, Windows (98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8)
Release date(s)
NA October 26, 2004
EU November 3, 2004

30 dollar value? Guess again. :mad:

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
It's simply amazing how they can bundle so many pointless Apps together. My hat is off to them.

:D:D:D:D
I'm dying with laughter from this comment. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Mac DVDRipper Tool. With a late 2012 iMac...

DevinRajaram

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
New York
If anyone took the time to add up the apps' prices (like I did), they do not add up to $609--it's actually $481. They should try not lying and include better apps that came out in the last 5 years!

peb123

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2010
It's simply amazing how they can bundle so many pointless Apps together. My hat is off to them.

I use Magic DVD Ripper all the time. Its a great product, although I prefer Magic DVD Copier and then transcode using Handbrake, because it does a much better job at transcoding.

toshoklabs

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
If anyone took the time to add up the apps' prices (like I did), they do not add up to $609--it's actually $481. They should try not lying and include better apps that came out in the last 5 years!

The $609 includes Live Interior 3d Pro which is $129.95 - the advertised price is correct for the 12 apps.

kjohn

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I agree... From my experiences, Data Rescue has outperformed other recovery tools every time. Espresso is old, but worth something? Snapz Pro X sounds like it might come in handy?? The rest is utter junk.

So consider it half off Data Rescue and you'll feel better about your purchase ;)

n2deep

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
I was thinking about getting Money Well. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth it?

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I'll take Roller Coaster Tycoon, TotalSpaces, and TotalFinder for $9.99.

How do I get Battery Status in one of these bundles? I'll tell the bundle organizer it's $15 like Clear (instead of $2 because that's a price that maximizes revenues... I know sales drop way off at $3... I've never tried $5 or $10... I wonder if sales stop to drop off so much and maybe revenue is actually better than what I get at $2?)

thatsfinebut

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Chicago
I actually discovered the game Company of Heroes over the weekend, and I'm meaning to buy it. It's supposed to be awesome. That said, I'm going to wait for Windows 8 to be Bootcamp compatible, then buy the game for $10 on Steam. Not because it's cheaper, but because the PC version is supposed to be more full-fledged.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
So what's a pointless app and not is unversal?

I thought it was subjective, hhmmm.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, what's the definition of meaningful app according to you who don't like this bundle?

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
Does Snapz Pro work on Mountain Lion yet? Last time I tried it if you attempted to record video with audio the whole computer crashed. Sweet feature

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
MoneyWell

I was thinking about getting Money Well. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth it?

I use MoneyWell 1.7.4 on my BlackBook with 10.6.8 (looking to upgrade hardware next year). I would upgrade to 2.x, but it requires OS X 10.7 and I refuse to put that OS on my laptop. As far as 1.7 goes, it is a nice program and I use it for budgeting. It is like using the envelope system, only it is a digital version. If you don't know what I mean, there are tutorials on the dev's website. You should watch those and read the articles on the program before working with the program anyways; it will save you from starting your budget over. There are still a few bugs in ver 1 that were fixed in ver 2, but the dev is very responsive and the forums are helpful. I would recommend this program to anyone trying to live by a budget.

Does Snapz Pro work on Mountain Lion yet? Last time I tried it if you attempted to record video with audio the whole computer crashed. Sweet feature

I am interested in this bundle because of Snapz Pro. Is there another program that performs a similar function?

Last edited:

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
According to their website the bug I described may be fixed in this version. I have not personally tested it. The app had worked great otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.