Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
And it lags.

I stopped reading right there, you obviously haven't used or appraised any up to date Android device and are just regurgitating hearsay. People should stop using that "comfort blanket" in any debate, it just negates any credibility that they might have.

I have used every iPhone from the 3GS up to and including the superb iPhone 5 and prefer (for the time being) my SGS3 and Nexus 4, if there had been any lag on either of them, any at all, I would be using the iPhone 5 in their place.

Last edited:

mikegasol

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
However, the Apple 'ecosystem' works really well for music, photos and video, and Android really can't match it. For these things, drag-and-drop doesn't cut it, you want *sync* which intelligently only copies new/changed files and also transfers your playlists.

I disagree. I hate having to sync with itunes and much prefer to drag and drop. Also, the fact that you can only sync your device to 1 itunes is absurd. When I had an iphone, I had a hard drive crash and had to replace it as well as a fresh version of OSx. Couldn't sync my iphone to my new computer because it was still syned to the old one and I would b have to erase it to sync with tje new itunes, iphoto etc..in this day and age of technology, thats just inexcusable. I had to download iexplorer copy all my songs from my phone to my new itunes and then sync them back again with new songs. Apple really needs to get with the times in things like this.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
I disagree. I hate having to sync with itunes and much prefer to drag and drop. Also, the fact that you can only sync your device to 1 itunes is absurd. When I had an iphone, I had a hard drive crash and had to replace it as well as a fresh version of OSx. Couldn't sync my iphone to my new computer because it was still syned to the old one and I would b have to erase it to sync with tje new itunes, iphoto etc..in this day and age of technology, thats just inexcusable. I had to download iexplorer copy all my songs from my phone to my new itunes and then sync them back again with new songs. Apple really needs to get with the times in things like this.

Loved powntunes for that, you could add songs/videos by just drag N drop and still use itunes.

Doesnt change the fact that the itunes belt can be annoying but for people that got used to its probably the best way.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
I agree. I have multiple iOS devices. But i 'm talking about SHARED photo stream. Syncing photos amongst multiple Android devices is just as easy as iOS devices....

Oh, yea, I agree regarding Shared Photostream.

sajakea

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
Cant speak about the Note 2 much but its a bit too big, AMOLED screens suck IMO and it has a very low ppi count. I have had the S3 since launch, still have it actually but I have been using the iPhone 5 since Oct 31st to try it out. Pretty sure I will be keeping the iPhone 5 and selling the S3. I will give you some detailed reasons rather than just give you a random answer. As a long time Android user, I got tired of my phones always being 1, 2 or even 3 updates behind and all the carrier bloatware on my phone. With the iPhone 5, I have the newest version of the OS as soon as its released and zero carrier BS.

I like the way the iPhone integrates with all of my other Apple products. I like the way it will display the artist, song and album on my car stereo head unit when I have my iPhone connected to it. It also charges it. I prefer the photo and video quality to any of the 8 Android phones I have owned. Its especially good at concerts from an audio standpoint. Apps like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are faster and higher quality on iOS. Then there is the reception, GPS and overall speed. My iPhone 5 gets better reception than my S3, the GPS locks faster and overall is a much faster device. the iPhone also has a better earpiece, speakerphone and overall build quality. Its also thinner and lighter than my S3.

So what about the S3 do I prefer over the iPhone? Having widgets is cool. Expandable memory via an SD card slot is great. Quick toggle access to wifi, bluetooth and other settings is great. The larger screen is nice to have although I prefer the quality and colors of the iPhone's display. Being able to drag and drop files and songs onto the S3 is much easier than syncing thru iTunes for everything. Both phones and systems have their pros and cons, I am leaning more towards keeping the iPhone 5 though.

nice review

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.