Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appl3kill

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles
I seriously need help! I been contemplating on buying the ipad mini because i can't choose which color to get. Can anyone detail the negatives and positives on each one. I have an iphone 5 slate and it sure is asthetically appealing. White equally as well i just cant decide.... help! influence me !:eek:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I seriously need help! I been contemplating on buying the ipad mini because i can't choose which color to get. Can anyone detail the negatives and positives on each one. I have an iphone 5 slate and it sure is asthetically appealing. White equally as well i just cant decide.... help! influence me !:eek:

Influence you? Why would you want someone else to make a decision for you? The whole idea that you would ask for someone to tell you to chose white or black is sad.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I do not own either. From what I've read, I can give you a little info though.

Black-good for viewing videos--some say less distracting than the white bezel; fingerprint magnet, looks similar to all the other black tablets out there

White-won't show as many fingerprints, white bezel can be a little distracting to some apparently, esp. when watching videos, some have said the white back looks a little cheaper, distinguished "Apple" look to it

appl3kill

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles
Influence you? Why would you want someone else to make a decision for you? The whole idea that you would ask for someone to tell you to chose white or black is sad.

Just go with it.. Why waste your time replying to a thread just to shun me :p

Its just a device and color.. Yes thats very contradicting but I like others opinions and people say "get white its elegant" or some bs like that. Which usually ends up influencing my decision.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Just go with it.. Why waste your time replying to a thread just to shun me :p

Its just a device and color.. Yes thats very contradicting but I like others opinions and people say "get white its elegant" or some bs like that. Which usually ends up influencing my decision.

Well if it's that important to follow what others think, go for neither, because more people don't have any ipad vs a black or white one.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I had the black and currently own the white iPad mini.

White is better all around -- doesn't show fingerprints and dust as much as the black. White doesn't distract when watching movies... I think it's a misconception. However, black is really nice and has an edge over the white in terms of coolness and looks factor. Both are great colored but I noticed silver lines and bits on the chamfered bezel on the black iPad mini -- this was a huge draw back for me. So I took it back and got white, and I love it!!!! I love my iPad mini and can't imagine being w/o an iPad!!!!

Last edited:

appl3kill

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles
Well if it's that important to follow what others think, go for neither, because more people don't have any ipad vs a black or white one.

The whole reason im here because I want to get one I just can't choose the color.;)

----------

I got the white and it's exelent. 10/10.

thanks for the info I'll get white sarcasm ;) i regret asking

----------

White is better all around -- doesn't show fingerprints and dust as much as the black. White doesn't distract when watching movies... I think it's a misconception. However, black is really nice and has an edge over the white in terms of coolness and looks factor. Both are great colored but I noticed silver lines and bits on the chamfered bezel on the black iPad mini -- this was a huge draw back for me. So I took it back and got white, and I love it!!!! I love my iPad mini and can't imagine being w/o an iPad!!!!

yeah because of that im leaning more towards white. I notice this in my black iphone 5

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
Black / Slate.

Stormtroopers dress in white, but Darth Vader wears black. Case closed. ;)

dbdynsty25

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA

I own both as well, but I'm actually in agreement and disagreement at the same time. Yes, the physical part of the white mini is probably nicer. Let prone to scratches (at least visible ones) and fingerprints. However, I disagree about the distraction part. It's weird watching a movie on it with the contrasting color and it's also REALLY distracting reading a book or on white websites (like this one). The boarder is more yellowish and it just looks ugly next to each other. For that reason alone, I went black and gave the wife my white one (that sounded bad). :)

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
I like black Apple products more personally because they give give off that shiny, sleek, glossy, glass-like look to them. White Apple products, in my experience, although neat, seem to give off more of a plastic type of feel.

My white iPhone 3G also shows a lot of dirt, and mini cracks in it, where as the black Apple products that I own usually only show finger prints (which are easily removable). Although, black apple products usually show scratches a lot easier.

It's up to you - I recommend black/slate, though.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
"seriously need help"??????

Can't pick between white or black so you seriously need help.

First world problem here again. Pick the color which suited better with your hair color. ;)

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Black Black Black!!! like the night that envelopes us all!

Then coat it with a beautiful carbon weave of the finest quality.

Tell me this doesn't look sexy I dare ya!

White pah!

SPIGEN_SGP_iPad_Mini_Skin_Guard_Set_Carbon_Black_01.jpg

slch

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
I saw both in person and preferred the white, basically because of the silver back and corners.

The perfect combo IMHO would be black bezel + silver back.

bajaracing

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
Go to the apple store, spend some time with each in your hand. Do this as many times as needed till your happy with your decision. I went with black and have no scratches nor issues at all.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.