Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XrAdEr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Under your bed
Hi there,

I purchased my iPhone 5 16gb when it came out but now I regret getting a 16gb. If my iPhone 5 "breaks" and I go to exchange my broken iPhone for a new one with apple care, do you guys think that they'll give me a 32gb and let me pay the difference?

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Hi there,

I purchased my iPhone 5 16gb when it came out but now I regret getting a 16gb. If my iPhone 5 "breaks" and I go to exchange my broken iPhone for a new one with apple care, do you guys think that they'll give me a 32gb and let me pay the difference?

I exchanged my 32gb for 64gb and they transferred the AppleCare+ over but it has to be within the 30 days.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hi there,

That's not going to happen.
You get the same model, color and storage.
Applecare cannot upgrade your device even if you offered to pay.

----------

I exchanged my 32gb for 64gb and they transferred the AppleCare+ over but it has to be within the 30 days.

That's nowhere near to what he's asking.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
If you bought it from Apple directly, ask them. They may make an exception since it's not really fair getting a refurb after ~2 months, and if they do a new replacement then it makes no difference.

However, if you bought it from elsewhere, they can't physically do it, even if they wanted to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.