Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Hi all,

Do you guys buy your music from itunes or amazon. I just looked at it and for most part it looks like amazon is cheaper.

Soem sonsg even priced at $.0.50 in amazon vs. $1.29 on itunes.

Will the music purchased from amazon be compataible with all apple devices.

Is there a notable difference in sound quality?

I need some suggestions. If I but a song from amazon can I download it to all my devices?

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I download everything through Amazon. Imports directly into iTunes and there is also an Amazon Cloud app if you want to save some space on your device.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Well, I have music on my computer but not purchased from itune, its something I have gathered over the years.

I don't know how easy it is to buy music from amazona nd then transfer it to itunes.

The only reason I am looking at amazon is becuase of some tracks at lower price and the amazon cloud player.

Can you play music purchased through itunes in icloud.

SimpleLove

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
I buy from both, but yes, Amazon is cheaper.

I have iTunes Match as well so once I buy from Amazon, I usually just match, delete and download the iTunes version. lol

If you do buy from Amazon, I recommend you consolidate your library after importing in iTunes. Puts all your music in one place.

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
I don't really buy music anymore. If I do, iTunes.

But I use Spotify Premium. 9.99 a month, unlimited music, on all of my devices...

anutharoundu

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2011
I prefer spotify premium myself. It recommends new artists similiar to pandora, but has an offline option to save on data charges. If you download more than 10 songs a month it's worth it.
54.gif

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Any digital media I buy all come from Amazon. I enjoy Apples products but not their media pricing.

allisonv7

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2004
I've bought from Amazon exclusively the past six months or so and have really liked it. I play everything in my itunes or on my phone, which I sync manually.

I've had no problems and am happy with the quality.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
What I am finding difficult is to be able to buy from Amazon and then automatically have it in all my IOS devcies.

I think both itunes and Amazon music prices are the same, atleast for the new songs.

I like that Amazon has free cloud player, but I don't like the idea of buying a few sonsg from itunes and a few from Amazon and having to use 2 differnt players on my iphone to access them.

Is there a way to download music from amaozn player on iphone and play it through the itunes app on the iphone?

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I don't see why getting Amazon music to play thorugh itunes and the iphone should be so difficult it is not really different than say buying music from a place like bandcamp or a band's website. I have done that and found it easy to import the files.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
What I am finding difficult is to be able to buy from Amazon and then automatically have it in all my IOS devcies.

I think both itunes and Amazon music prices are the same, atleast for the new songs.

I like that Amazon has free cloud player, but I don't like the idea of buying a few sonsg from itunes and a few from Amazon and having to use 2 differnt players on my iphone to access them.

Is there a way to download music from amaozn player on iphone and play it through the itunes app on the iphone?

I've found that Amazon tends to have better deals - it seems like they are always having promos with $5 albums (even for new releases), and $.50 songs. They also have a lot of free mp3 credit promotions.

If you purchase them on your computer, they'll download right into iTunes - it's not "automatic", as you would have to sync your devices, but certainly not difficult.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I've found that Amazon tends to have better deals - it seems like they are always having promos with $5 albums (even for new releases), and $.50 songs. They also have a lot of free mp3 credit promotions.

If you purchase them on your computer, they'll download right into iTunes - it's not "automatic", as you would have to sync your devices, but certainly not difficult.

So can I sync my iphone wirelessly instead of having to plug in my phone into the laptop once i have set it up so that amazon sonsg diretly download to itunes.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I buy pretty much all of mine from iTunes. I'll buy iTunes gift cards when they go on sale for around 20% off and then buy everything through that.

There are a lot of times you can get better deals on Amazon, but I mainly just prefer the continence of having it all in one spot.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
So can I sync my iphone wirelessly instead of having to plug in my phone into the laptop once i have set it up so that amazon sonsg diretly download to itunes.

Yes. Amazon songs download directly into iTunes (once you set it up that way the first time you purchase), so all you would have to do is re-sync your music after adding the new stuff.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I primarily use Amazon myself. Just have for so long that it comes naturally.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
iTunes. Amazon is cheaper, I know, but the majority of the time I buy my music straight from the device with the iTunes app. Also, the convenience of just using one service makes the pricing pretty even for me. Plus, I always have a GC balance which I buy cheaper than the actual value of the card itself.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Yes. Amazon songs download directly into iTunes (once you set it up that way the first time you purchase), so all you would have to do is re-sync your music after adding the new stuff.

Well I bought a few albums on amazon since i got a few credits from my electronics purchases on amazon. However I had an option in my iPhone to automatically download songs in amazon cloud player. So all the purchased albums got automatically downloaded in iPhone. But the problem is they are accessible only via amazon cloud app. I can't access them using stock player or Groove player in iPhone.
When I try to download them using my Mac they show already downloaded so can't download it there as well.

Is there a way to have them seen in iPhone library ? Or have them transferred to my Mac iTunes library ?

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I don't understand why people buy music off iTunes over Amazon. Albums are usually £3 or £4 cheaper!

I usually buy off Amazon, download, import to iTunes, iTunes Match it, delete, then re-download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.