Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
You've got a lot of pointless crap on your desk.

I recommend the Bellkin 3" USB desk hub.

It fits into that hole in your desk where cables go. I haven't set it up properly yet but it's cool.

And yes, it has a couple of holes for cables; it doesn't remove the main function of the hole.

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Get a Mini!
It allows you to put everything except the monitor, KB and Mouse UNDER THE TABLE!
You will only see 2 wires: HDMI/DP and Power.

Ccwk

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
I like the setup but can you do one that includes a second thunderbolt display for those of us that want to use two monitors.;)

Geolink

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2012
New York
I'm getting a refurb mid-2011 iMac but even I can say that it's gonna be nice not having to deal with 50 wires everywhere.

Can't wait to get my iMac! Damn it, UPS! HURRY UP WITH MY MAC!

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
You should mount all that stuff on the back of the iMac.

I suggest holding the superdrive on the back with duct tape. I believe that is how Tim and Phil recommend setting it up. My memory is fuzzy, as I was working while listening to the announcement, but I think right after calling us dinosaurs, Phil said something about using duct tape to hold it even with the 5mm edge of the machine. :apple:

pukingpixels

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Sweden
2vwvbdt.jpg

MS paint'd! Believe it or not. God I hate Windows.

Anyway, I'll manage without USB hubs and crap everywhere but AIO? Not so much.

Ubele

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2008
so I was just doodling the set-up of my forthcoming Beautiful "All In One" iMac...
(see pic)

:p

(note* thread not completely serious)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who draws 3D mock-ups of potential setups, be they computer systems, home-theater systems, or home recording studios. People have made fun of me for that :D

Have you considered building a custom wooden enclosure with cut-outs for the monitor, DVD drive slot, any controls you need to access, and so on, and spray-painting it white or faux aluminum? Then it would look like a true all-in-one again, although the design aesthetics probaby would make Jony Ive cringe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.