Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oaks42

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Just received a email notifying today that my credit card has approved the purchase the amount. Does that mean they starting to assemble the iMac? :confused:

Interesting as Apple has already shipped the rest of the purchase ie TB Cables and charged the Applecare as well.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Just received a email notifying today that my credit card has approved the purchase the amount. Does that mean they starting to assemble the iMac? :confused:

Interesting as Apple has already shipped the rest of the purchase ie TB Cables and charged the Applecare as well.

I was curious about the Applecare thing as well. My machine isn't slated for delivery until January, yet my Applecare is listed as "completed." I may call them to make sure my 3 years doesn't start until the machine actually exists at least.

Edit: Bummer. My credit card doesn't have so much as a hold on it from Apple. :(

oaks42

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
I was curious about the Applecare thing as well. My machine isn't slated for delivery until January, yet my Applecare is listed as "completed." I may call them to make sure my 3 years doesn't start until the machine actually exists at least.

Edit: Bummer. My credit card doesn't have so much as a hold on it from Apple. :(

Mine is indeed on hold now but not reflected in statement just yet. Probably the next thing I see will be the figure in my transaction statement when they are ready to ship it. Fingers crossed that's the way as I have a 19th-24th delivery date on the BTO 27"

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California
My iPhone5 would indicate . . . and my iMac order seems to confirm:

Apple charges the AppleCare immediately.

This immediate charge, unfortunately, bears no relationship to when your product is to be birthed or dropped off by a stork wearing a funny costume.

MarketingGuy

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Hillsborough, NJ
Mine is indeed on hold now but not reflected in statement just yet. Probably the next thing I see will be the figure in my transaction statement when they are ready to ship it. Fingers crossed that's the way as I have a 19th-24th delivery date on the BTO 27"

First, let me say that I do hope that it indeed is a legit sign that your iMac is being built and will be soon shipped!

Apple usually places a hold for the full amount as a temporary authorization. The hold then rolls off in a predetermined period of time that appears to vary based upon the payment method or the institution. For example, when I ordered by rMBP, the accessories where charged immediately (separate holds), but the computer itself was put as a pending transaction and rolled off after about 5 or 7 days. My iMac hold is still in place from 11/30. If it doesn't disappear by this weekend or the date of the hold is updated, then I'll start to get excited.

On a side note, I noticed that the 21.5" BTO iMacs that were originally quoted 7-10 business days before shipment and estimated delivery of Dec. 17 - 21 have started to arrive already. One can only hope (wishful thinking, I know) that we would also see a similar pull-in on the 27" iMacs, which would place delivery at the middle / end of next week for may of us with Dec. 21 - 28 delivery estimate!

GorgeousGeorge

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Hobart
I think my payment has gone too, i need to check it.
I noticed yesterday that the blue button under my order which said cancel order has disappeared, so I assume that they've started it therefor I can't change or cancel??
It's still saying processing order though...if you think about it though 2 weeks is next Friday so if they're shipping soon it may just be about right.

oaks42

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Yup same here. The cancel button is gone after I got the notification from the credit card company earlier today.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Bah! My cancel button is still there. I didn't order until Dec 1 though. :( We hadn't made up our minds on the 30th. Still hoping to get it between the holidays, despite my Jan 2-8 delivery estimate.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
Apple likes to charge you right away for your AppleCare. In the past I've gotten my AppleCare box weeks ahead of the machine it was paired with. I'm not sure if they even bother to ship AppleCare boxes anymore, though, now that they Auto-enroll.

My order still says Delivers 2-3 weeks, Dec 24th-31st.

EmmanuelJB

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
Yup same here. The cancel button is gone after I got the notification from the credit card company earlier today.

That is a really good sign!! Hopefully they start shipping soon! My Cancel button is still there, but I ordered later in the day and have a 31st-7th delivery estimate.

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
Mine is still in Processing. Ordered NOv 30 mid afternoon PST. Gives me a Dec 28-Jan 4th delivery date.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
It is really interesting that people's cancel buttons are disappearing. Is it only happening in the US.
I ordered as soon as the buttons went live in the UK, about 18 mins after the US and I still have a cancel button.
Anyone else's cancel button gone, and where are you from?

Khadgar

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
Ordered mine as soon as I got up on the 30th. Shows December 21-28. My card was charged for AppleCare on the 1st which is similar to what's happened before. My card hasn't been charged yet for the iMac.

sucramdi

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2011
Quebec
My original dates were from the 27th to the 3rd, but I called Apple today to ask if they could bring it sooner, they gave me free expedited shipping. Now my dates are from the 21st to the 31st :D

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
I'm in the US. I haven't seen anyone who ordered eariler than I did (about 2.50am EST) and my cancel button is still there. Delivery still at Dec 20-27.

It is entirely possible there is some option that is or isn't availble (GPU, fusion drive, etc) that allows some configurations to move forward while others languish (not to be overly dramatic.)

Last edited:

photoz

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2006
I'm in the US. I haven't seen anyone who ordered eariler than I did (about 2.50am EST) and my cancel button is still there. Delivery still at Dec 20-27.

It is entirely possible that is some option that is or isn't availble (GPU, fusion drive, etc) that allows some configurations to move forward while others languish (not to be overly dramatic.)

Foxer, what shipping method are you listed as having?

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
Foxer, what shipping method are you listed as having?

I paid for the expedited, so it's listed at 2-3 days.

I called yesterday to see if I could that bumped to comped or something, and they told me that all the iMacs would be "expedited" more or less, and therefore there was no overnight option. I'm sure that's entirely accurate, so I may try again.

starkles

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Cancel button also gone for me.

Ordered from the apple Australian education store.

Estimated delivery of 20-24 dec hasn't changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.