Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
calm yourself

ps the 5s is already in production ;)

No, it most likely isn't. Enjoy your <drama queen> officially ruined </drama queen> iPhone for a good 9+ more months. This is a rumor site. You read a rumor and now you're banking on it when you should just restore your phone like any sound person would do.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
No, it most likely isn't. Enjoy your <drama queen> officially ruined </drama queen> iPhone for a good 9+ more months. This is a rumor site. You read a rumor and now you're banking on it when you should just restore your phone like any sound person would do.

lol you're taking this a lil too serious, sounds like it's been a while since a man put a smile on your face

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
lol you're taking this a lil too serious, sounds like it's been a while since a man put a smile on your face

That's cute, I do just fine thanks for worrying. You sound like a child though bringing up a stranger's sex life when responses to your inane question and dramatic claims don't suit your sensitive little soul.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
lol this is why i stay off forums these days you people are funny. feel free to close the thread as my problems are solved :)

armandxp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Orlando, FL
calm yourself

ps the 5s is already in production ;)

With the earliest release date of this summer, or even this fall. A simple backup especially to a computer, then restore will fix all your problems. I wouldn't even restore to new. If you have any games or apps that have saved data you will lose that info! I've never had to restore to new on any of the six iphones I've had, just restore to backup.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011

You're comment was really unecessary, if you're not going to be helpful, you're better off not saying anything and look smarter.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
With the earliest release date of this summer, or even this fall. A simple backup especially to a computer, then restore will fix all your problems. I wouldn't even restore to new. If you have any games or apps that have saved data you will lose that info! I've never had to restore to new on any of the six iphones I've had, just restore to backup.

i dont want to restore from backup since it may be corrupt, thats why. if it's backed up to icloud, how would it erase the data when i go to restore it? slightly confused again

You're comment was really unecessary, if you're not going to be helpful, you're better off not saying anything and look smarter.

thanks for the look out but its cool, people like that enterain me :D

armandxp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Orlando, FL
If you back up to icloud and don't use restore from backup, but restore to a new device, it's not going to use any icloud backup info. It will set up as a new phone. Though, you should restore to backup at least once. Then you'll know if the backup is corrupt or not.

I've had iPhones acting crazy and always restored to a backup, because I didnt want to lose all my info, and it always solved the problems I was having.

Last edited:

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
If you back up to icloud and don't use restore from backup, but restore to a new device, it's not going to use any icloud backup info. It will set up as a new phone. Still thing you should restore to backup at least once. Then you'll know if the backup is corrupt or not.

I've had iPhones acting crazy and always restored to a backup, because I didnt want to lose all my info, and it always solved the problems I was having.

will try it today thanks

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
If you back up to icloud and don't use restore from backup, but restore to a new device, it's not going to use any icloud backup info. It will set up as a new phone. Though, you should restore to backup at least once. Then you'll know if the backup is corrupt or not.

restore done so we shall see. thanks for the help

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
phones never wet as far as i know

i do no have any warranty on it. just gonna ride it out until the 5s, it still performs normally for the most part

Mine wasn't either...but somehow it had been exposed to moisture before I bought mine (this was the iPhone 3...years ago). Brought it in and they still replaced it.

You don't have to say what you think it is...bring it in and see what the Apple Store employee says...you never know...

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011
Mine wasn't either...but somehow it had been exposed to moisture before I bought mine (this was the iPhone 3...years ago). Brought it in and they still replaced it.

You don't have to say what you think it is...bring it in and see what the Apple Store employee says...you never know...

In either case, the OP said that he physically modified the phone. Liquid damage or not, if he wants it replaced its going to be for the full retail value.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
In either case, the OP said that he physically modified the phone. Liquid damage or not, if he wants it replaced its going to be for the full retail value.

Did I miss something? I looked through again and can't see where he did anything other than restore the phone.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey

wow it sounds like it wasn't completely sealed when it was constructed. since mine was taken apart there's a good chance the same has happened :eek:

Did I miss something? I looked through again and can't see where he did anything other than restore the phone.

yea my phone shattered and since i dont have insurance i ended up doing a color conversion for half the price of a lcd replacement but still looks and performs like oem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.