Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Also passed Exam 1 today. All of the answers are available to you, so there really isn't a need to freak out! Just use your resources and you should be fine; that's what the real test is! Just keep that in mind.

Yes, there is a knowledge base. Most of my answers were in my own personal notes though.

ciscob0x

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Well ... I got the "We're moving forward with other candidates" email. Not sure what I could have done better and certainly I had the experience. It is what it is ... :/

Trevorman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Well ... I got the "We're moving forward with other candidates" email. Not sure what I could have done better and certainly I had the experience. It is what it is ... :/

Sorry to hear that :(

I think they let you try again after a few months.

KarenRD

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Called ... And Now Nothing

Got a call from a recruiter one night after 6pm (out of the blue and totally unexpected!) She gave me info about the job - advised it was partime - if I was still interested - told about payment, requirements, ect and asked me what the definition for "Hardware" was... She ended by saying if they decided to interview or move me forward I would hear something in a couple of weeks.. But, to tell the truth - I was so blown away about the call that I don't even remember everything she said :confused:

I forgot her name and everything :(
No email, no callback, no nothing! Hopefully I will hear from them again :)

Has this happened to anyone else? Does it normally take this long to hear back? From all the posts, most people are reporting that they get an email, questionaire and then call.... :confused:

Last edited:

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
I passed my exam 1. It wasnt hard but the way they word the questions will confuse the heck out of you! The questions are very very tricky. Proof read is the best advice I can give regarding the exams

I do agree with you... 1 down 2 to go!!

----------

Also passed Exam 1 today. All of the answers are available to you, so there really isn't a need to freak out! Just use your resources and you should be fine; that's what the real test is! Just keep that in mind.

Yes, there is a knowledge base. Most of my answers were in my own personal notes though.

Very true also... :D:apple:

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012

I know they really push the knowledge base during training but after a couple of months on the job I haven't found it to be all that helpful. There's a preponderance of data but the search algorithm is simplistic and yields a lot of useless articles. I've used apple.com/support, google and various forums more than I have the KB. That's just me, find whatever resources work best for you when you're on the phones. They do discourage us from using google but I don't care, I use whatever I have at hand to find the fastest resolution. You'll even find stuff in macrumors because it's real people trying to fix actual problems. Bottom line... when trying to help customers the ends justify the means.

Last edited:

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
I know they really push the knowledge base during training but after a couple of months on the job I haven't found it to be all that helpful. There's a preponderance of data but the search algorithm is simplistic and yields a lot of useless articles. I've used apple.com/support, google and various forums more than I have the KB. That's just me, find whatever resources work best for you when you're on the phones. They do discourage us from using google but I don't care, I use whatever I have at hand to find the fastest resolution. You'll even find stuff in macrumors because it's real people trying to fix actual problems. Bottom line... when trying to help customers the ends justify the means.

I totally agree with this! I the Kb just isn't cutting it.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I feel really bad for those who are doing this through Kelly! $9/hr for this is nuts! I wouldn't do it, and I'm only in training.

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I feel really bad for those who are doing this through Kelly! $9/hr for this is nuts! I wouldn't do it, and I'm only in training.

True the KB is not that great like they make it seem. Found one of my answers on this site aswell

Trevorman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012

Not to mention Kelly/VOLT get next to none of the awesome Apple benefits as far as I can tell.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012

I've mentioned it a few times.... no freaking way would I do this for $9.00 an hour.

Just wait... training is a cakewalk compared to being live.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Have any part timers noticed any overtime available?

We're all going to 46 hours per week... at least from the 26th to early Jan.

The paycheck will be nice but I am NOT looking forward to a 10 hour shift on the phone. 8 hours can be a grind unless you're one of those people that just love being on the phone with consumers hour after hour.

Just Mel

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Just Mel - I'm not sure, but I only had two FT interviews (1/28 CPU training), my second was with a Team Manager. He said the same thing to me about HR, but a few hours later I received the background check.

I don't think every interview goes through a hiring manager. I could be wrong, and find my self getting the "Thanks for coming" email, but I don't think the background check would proceed if they weren't moving forward.

Just my experience. Maybe it'll give you hope!

There's the problem....I haven't received anything, so I have a strong feeling the 'thanks for playing' will be arriving this next week.

:(

lshaped210

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
100 on the first exam, 95 on the second, one more to go. They are not super-easy, but all the answers are provided to you in the KB. The tricky part is knowing how to find the correct articles. Best of luck to all.

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
100 on the first exam, 95 on the second, one more to go. They are not super-easy, but all the answers are provided to you in the KB. The tricky part is knowing how to find the correct articles. Best of luck to all.

You want to keep yourself as annoymous as possible congratulations though but just keep that in mind.

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Congrats 12/3ers. The first week is done and WOW what a ride. I gotta admit that this is a ton of info to suck down through a brain straw, but the ride is most excellent and the trainers are super super fun and cool.

To everybody patiently waiting for callbacks, interviews, background checks and the like....hang in there. It's like going to Six Flags and having to stand in line for 3 hours to get on the rollercoaster. But once you get on and click the belt, instead of 2 mins of joy, the ride last for 5 weeks.

Meeting awesome people, having awesome fun and feeling pretty pumpkin good about my new pumpkin role in life. LOL

thaphatdiva

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
Congrats 12/3ers. The first week is done and WOW what a ride. I gotta admit that this is a ton of info to suck down through a brain straw, but the ride is most excellent and the trainers are super super fun and cool.

To everybody patiently waiting for callbacks, interviews, background checks and the like....hang in there. It's like going to Six Flags and having to stand in line for 3 hours to get on the rollercoaster. But once you get on and click the belt, instead of 2 mins of joy, the ride last for 5 weeks.

Meeting awesome people, having awesome fun and feeling pretty pumpkin good about my new pumpkin role in life. LOL

I totally agree. Even with having training 6 days straight, it was still awesome. Back to it in the AM for all of us 12/3ers.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

sun.shyne

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Got the call this AM for 1/21 CPU! I'm so glad I didn't have a protracted wait to find out.

Excited to be on board. Thanks for the advice from those of you who have gone/going through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.