Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
I use a Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, and I personally feel the opposite. My phone has the world's smallest space bar, so using it is just a hassle in my opinion.

destroysall.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Disagree - there's a different method to it. If you start swiping towards a key, but then dither, you can confuse the keyboard. Like someone else said, you kinda have to "plot your route."

I agree. I don't know how my brain works but it must be in to of a chaotic manner because I screw up swype quite often.

Swiftkeys on the other hand I find awesome. I just use the normal jelly bean keyboard.

I don't have a lot to many issues with the iOS keyboard but its just missing a lot of basic features. I wish the keys would show upper OR lowercase. And single suggestions suck. In apps like tapatalk it shows the suggestion down so you can't see it.

Here's a pic of what I mean. You see "suggesti" is highlighted? That's because the suggestion is below it, there is no way to access it.

5ysy4ady.jpg

L!veW!r3

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Durban, South Africa.
Taking sides accomplishes very little. Having used PCs and Macs for the past 20 years and seeing them evolve, I'd recommend that you get yourself an Apple arsenal and NEVER look back! I promise you nothing bt peace of mind. If you love and enjoy argument, well, dive in soldier!

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I agree. I don't know how my brain works but it must be in to of a chaotic manner because I screw up swype quite often.

Swiftkeys on the other hand I find awesome. I just use the normal jelly bean keyboard.

I don't have a lot to many issues with the iOS keyboard but its just missing a lot of basic features. I wish the keys would show upper OR lowercase. And single suggestions suck. In apps like tapatalk it shows the suggestion down so you can't see it.

Here's a pic of what I mean. You see "suggesti" is highlighted? That's because the suggestion is below it, there is no way to access it.

Yeah that's an annoying bug.

I wish that the iPhone had these features: -

1. Allow us to modify the custom dictionary to add our own words, as the keyboard takes too long to "learn."
2. Long press for numbers.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah that's an annoying bug.

I wish that the iPhone had these features: -

1. Allow us to modify the custom dictionary to add our own words, as the keyboard takes too long to "learn."
2. Long press for numbers.

I forgot about the personal dictionary. It's nice being able to modify or delete autocorrections.

gebagupu.jpg

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Swiftkey, my friends. Swiftkey.

The auto correction is... unbelievably good. Literally... I can't believe it knows what I meant to type.

Then in the few occasions it predicts the rest of my sentences for me... now that's truly magic, Mr. Jobs.

Sorry for quoting an older response, but if you allow swiftkey access to your emails and such to figure out your typing methods better, does that pose any sort of security risk to the user? Just wondering if this would allow the dev's any sort of potential access to your personal emails or texts.

If that's not the case, I will definitely look into this if/when I get an android device.

Add siri's awesome dictation to the equation and you are asking for trouble.

She knows me all to well....

Crap I was hoping to coin the phrase "wtf siri" and make millions off a website.

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Sorry for quoting an older response, but if you allow swiftkey access to your emails and such to figure out your typing methods better, does that pose any sort of security risk to the user? Just wondering if this would allow the dev's any sort of potential access to your personal emails or texts.

If that's not the case, I will definitely look into this if/when I get an android device.

Don't know. I'm pretty sure it's fine, but you can visit their website to double check.

You don't have to have them read your emails. You can have them try your Texts too. Or just let the app learn from your general typing. If you type a lot, it'll learn pretty quickly.

I love Swiftkey.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Don't know. I'm pretty sure it's fine, but you can visit their website to double check.

You don't have to have them read your emails. You can have them try your Texts too. Or just let the app learn from your general typing. If you type a lot, it'll learn pretty quickly.

I love Swiftkey.

Awesome. Can't wait to try it out sometime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.