Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

king003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Hello everyone, I am new here.
I have a question. I want to buy a MBP. I'm bidding on a 13inch from June of 09. I don't know how much they're worth since they're older. It has 2GB of ram, 160 HD, Intel core duo 2 clocked at 2.26Ghz. It's in great condition.

Now the questions,
Estimate of how much they're worth?
Can it run the latest OS?
Is it to old?
Should I buy it or buy a newer one for a better performance. Just your thoughts..

Thank you.

Last edited:

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
Not sure on how much they are worth

Yes it will run Mountain Lion

Personally I'd go for something more recent, depends on what you want to run on it though

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I wouldn't give more than $300-400 depending on if it is pristine condition.
A Mac with a Core 2 Duo should run Mountain Lion, no problem.

Personally I would buy 8GB RAM and at least a 120GB SSD to drop in it and it should be rock solid for a few more years.

If you need pure processing power or will be using it for anything other than mainly internet surfing, emailing, word processing then I'd probably look for something with an i5 + CPU but it's all in how you will be using it.
My wife was still using my '09 MBP up until she went and bought a rMBP cause she wanted a lighter laptop, 15" screen and her retina ipad ruined her for any other type of screen.

greenchiliman

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
Chicago
Assuming you are bidding on ebay? If you look on the right side of the search results, you can filter by 'completed listings'. This will show you what people were able to buy them at and what they are bidding for them but not winning. Should give you a pretty good idea of what they are worth

king003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Thanks everyone for there replies. I appreciate it. Is there rep on this forum?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.