Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSensei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
We all know how "Apple takes changes very seriously" so I'm wondering if the next gen will have the same design as the current iphone 5?

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
We all know how "Apple takes changes very seriously" so I'm wondering if the next gen will have the same design as the current iphone 5?

Most likely, based on their previous releases.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
The next iPhone will probably look the same. Just have a few small tweaks and some new software.

I'm hoping for more LTE band support for O2/voda uk

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
I'm wondering now tho coz on gadget show this week they reall put down the iPhone. So mabe they'll do a big change

There lots of "gadget experts" who have put down the iPhone since its inception. Yet, Apple continues to break sales records. I don't put much stock in the so-called experts.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
There lots of "gadget experts" who have put down the iPhone since its inception. Yet, Apple continues to break sales records. I don't put much stock in the so-called experts.

Any bad feedback can affect the opinion of people. Yes Apple still sold millions but if enough bad cristicism gets out, it will get into peoples mind and will greatly affect sales in the long run.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I hope not. The tech media has already blasted Apple for its complacency and reluctance to change and innovate. I think they're losing mindshare as it is, and they can't really afford to go to 2 years without redesigning the iPhone.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
They'll have to redesign if they want to keep up in this game. They're far enough behind as it is. Simply slapping an apple logo on something and choosing some already over used superlatives in their ads/promos isn't gonna work.

iSensei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
I hope not. The tech media has already blasted Apple for its complacency and reluctance to change and innovate. I think they're losing mindshare as it is, and they can't really afford to go to 2 years without redesigning the iPhone.

I do understand your mentality, but did the Macbook Air change a lot since its introduction? No. The inside? Sure. The Retina pro is thinner but still has the same look. Look at it this way - Aviator sun glasses are from the 1930's and have the same iconic design today and people still wear them. And screw the media.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I do understand your mentality, but did the Macbook Air change a lot since its introduction? No. The inside? Sure. The Retina pro is thinner but still has the same look. Look at it this way - Aviator sun glasses are from the 1930's and have the same iconic design today and people still wear them. And screw the media.

The media influences the masses...

In the smartphone world, newer iterations look different than old iterations. This is true for almost all cases besides Apple and the "S" iPhone. Phones change looks far more regularly than computers do, and people know that, that's why the redesigns tend to sell better than the iPhone 3GS or 4S.

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
They'll have to redesign if they want to keep up in this game. They're far enough behind as it is. Simply slapping an apple logo on something and choosing some already over used superlatives in their ads/promos isn't gonna work.

Oh yeah? Apple is really far behind...iphone sales records in q4, but they are behind. Come on man...go back to your android forum.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Oh yeah? Apple is really far behind...iphone sales records in q4, but they are behind. Come on man...go back to your android forum.

Oh yeah. Forgot where I was. God forbid anyone criticizes apple. Even an iOS user of 4 years who doesn't even have an account on an android forum. :rolleyes:. There's still plenty missing from iOS and the iPhone itself compared to the competition. Not seeing that is ignorance. I don't care how flawless you think apple is. Notice how I didn't say the iPhone was bad or boast about how great android is. And I still get told to "go back to your android forum" pathetic. You'd think a forum of adults (although I'm beginning to wonder) could have a civilized discussion. But even a whiff of criticism about a company that only cares about our wallets and people start getting upset as if I kicked their dog or punched their 1 year old first born.

cpc12

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2011
Far enough behind..... Get your head out of your .... No one else has retina or many of the other features iPhone has.

Be gone troll

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Far enough behind..... Get your head out of your .... No one else has retina or many of the other features iPhone has.

Be gone troll
^prime example of what I was talking about in my above most.

Troll? Please, explain to me how I'm trolling. Also. In reference to your retina comment, you are correct in that no other phone has a 'retina' display as that's apples term mostly created for marketing. There are however, displays that are as good and even better than the iPhones 'retina'. Take a look at the droid DNA for example(400ppi, 1080p and superb viewing angles). I'm not here to talk about android devices though. I'm here to discuss whether or not the iPhone will keep the same design and share some of my opinions. Unfortunately, it seems as though some think I have personally attacked them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.