Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
I have a 32gb white iPhone and I was wondering if it is possible for me to request a black iPhone when I exchange it due to the light bleed in the top right section of the screen.

I got it from Verizon, but I figured that the way they would do a warranty replacement would involve mailing it to apple and apple mailing me one. I figured I would cut out the mailing and just go to an apple store. Would this work? Also, I have never really gone to an apple store to buy something before. (always got my mac at bestbuy and iPhone from Verizon) Do I have to make an appointment at a genius bar to talk to someone about a warranty replacement, or can I just walk in and ask for a new one whenever?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I wouldn't recommend walking in without an appointment. You may get lucky but most times I've been in there's a monitor full of names waiting to be called. No reason to risk it when making an appointment is as easy as it is.

fultoejame

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
I wouldn't recommend walking in without an appointment.
66.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.