Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m1iphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
SAN DIEGO CA
as in the title im debating to get an original iphone 2g, to try to recover my unlimited plan before i upgrade to the 5 in june,

i have the 4 and was one of the cases where att messed up my plan and knocked me down to the 2gb data per month, yea i guess im saving 5 bucks, but i fee violated, i tried arguing with them to fix it -no sucess,threatened suing but they claim there is no way back
so like i said want to keep trying
i found iphone 2g for bout 100$
but hesitant on buying it if it doesnt work in getting the plan.

btw i googled around and all post stop at 2011
thanks
reply asap

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
as in the title im debating to get an original iphone 2g, to try to recover my unlimited plan before i upgrade to the 5 in june,

i have the 4 and was one of the cases where att messed up my plan and knocked me down to the 2gb data per month, yea i guess im saving 5 bucks, but i fee violated, i tried arguing with them to fix it -no sucess,threatened suing but they claim there is no way back
so like i said want to keep trying
i found iphone 2g for bout 100$
but hesitant on buying it if it doesnt work in getting the plan.

btw i googled around and all post stop at 2011 :mad:
thanks
reply asap

It doesn't work anymore.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Your logic is that if you get an original iPhone you can get unlimited data, you said you searched around but if you did you would know that unlimited data isn't available anymore.

m1iphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
SAN DIEGO CA
No I mean I searched to see if it's still possible to do
But the last known post that I seen was early 2012 my question is - are people still trying to do it

----------

Would be wise to fight with AT&T for the original contract that showed I had it before them when they changed it it was their fault or am I fighting a losing battle

fultoejame

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
you would know that unlimited data isn't available anymore.
66.gif

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
What do u mean, how does it not work exactly

From what I have heard now the phone just activates with the sim card. It used to prompt in iTunes to pick a data plan, but now it doesn't do that any more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.