Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Shipping estimates for the iPad mini have fallen to one week in Apple's online stores for the United States and Canada, indicating that Apple is beginning to approach a supply-demand balance for the device that launched just over a month ago. Estimates in the company's online stores for other countries remain at two weeks, but those will likely move to the new one-week estimate fairly soon.

ipad_mini_shipping_one_week.jpg
Apple is beginning to catch up with demand on the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, as evidenced by shortening shipping estimates, although estimates on the new iMac are rapidly slipping following its introduction last week. Apple and supply chain sources have indicated that stocks of the iMac and iPad mini will remain constrained into 2013.

Article Link: iPad Mini Shipping Estimates Drop to One Week in U.S. and Canada

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
My order has been bumped from Delivers 12/21 to Delivers 12/17.

And the increased the guarantee by Christmas date to midnight on 12/12 (it was midnight 12/5)

-Kevin

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I think demand for the mini would be greater if it had a retina display. Maybe we'll get a retina mini sooner than October 2013, maybe the first half of 2013.

M

Mr.damien

I think demand for the mini would be greater if it had a retina display. Maybe we'll get a retina mini sooner than October 2013, maybe the first half of 2013.

That's not what Anandtech is saying and they know a lot in hardware.

nitropowered

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2003
Ohio
I picked up a 32gb black mini last night @6pm. They didn't have that many, but best bet is to drop into a retail store.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
That's not what Anandtech is saying and they know a lot in hardware.

Apple has to deliver a retina iPad mini in 2013 because what else will drive sales with the 2nd gen iPad mini but a display that matches what other iOS devices and the competition offer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.