Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueteq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
I am working on getting my IPad mini in my car. We making a nice cradle for it to replace the existing head unit.
Can anyone recommend of a good Bluetooth Adapter that can pair more than one device.
Idea is to pair it with iPhone for calls but all music and maps should also stream.

cutienoua

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
as a head set I use Bose which is supposed to work simultaneous with 2 devices but I never got it to switch reliable to the second phone,thus I give up on that.

blueteq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
I managed to get two devices to work nicely on my Jambox mini. Used it a sound for laptop and it was connected to the iPhone. When call comes it it muted the music. So it must be possible, depending on how it was implemented.

Bose is suppose to be premium product and I would assume it would work?

cutienoua

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
Primary phone was iphone 5 secondary motorola razr
Since I was having issues going back and forth now I use it with iphone only!
Could be an android thing too that phone locks up randomly thus I give up on that

----------

In regard to original question you can use a Bt speaker designed for the car for calls
Use the mini wired to the pre amp thus you are not losing any bass
If you must go wireless with the mini use the airport express with an inverter from 12v

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.