Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Ok---I have a new iphone 5 and ever since my 4S I have always backed up to Icloud. I want to and have several ringtones that I have acquired (.M4R) files. Last night I tried to just to sync and tranfer my new ringtone to my phone thru Itunes--Oh Heck no Itunes comes up with message this phone has been synced bla bla bla bla-and will need to erase contents and replace with whats on itunes--BULLcrap!! everything is in the cloud and I would end up with an empty phone lol.....

Ok now is there (has to be) a program or a way to get these M4R ringtone files onto my phone WITHOUT using itunes? I sure hope there is a solution to this issue......thanks

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Wow 784 looks and nothing lol... You mean to tell me that no-one has found a way to do this out of this huge iphone community? Trust me I have been looking.
I did find this one free program called i-funbox, I downloaded it and it saw my phone and I could get into alot of things even saw my ringtone folder---I dragged my ringtone into the folder and it stayed there but nothing ever showed up on my phone--Hmmm!

HenryBishop

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
New York
Wow 784 looks and nothing lol... You mean to tell me that no-one has found a way to do this out of this huge iphone community? Trust me I have been looking.
I did find this one free program called i-funbox, I downloaded it and it saw my phone and I could get into alot of things even saw my ringtone folder---I dragged my ringtone into the folder and it stayed there but nothing ever showed up on my phone--Hmmm!

::yawn::

Silly question, but have you tried syncing manually? As in ticking the box off in itunes so you can manage it without auto-syncing?

I've never had this problem when transferring ringtone files I have made.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
::yawn::

Silly question, but have you tried syncing manually? As in ticking the box off in itunes so you can manage it without auto-syncing?

I've never had this problem when transferring ringtone files I have made.

That's the one, can't believe people choose automatic sync.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Always use manual sync if automatic sync didn't work.

Most of the time manual works better.:D

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
That's all great except one big problem---it wants to erase my phone and put what's on iTunes which is blank lol.

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
Try emailing the .mr4 files to your phone. Just find them in the iTunes library and attach them to an email. Open the email on your phone and click on the attached file. It used to work for me.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Try emailing the .mr4 files to your phone. Just find them in the iTunes library and attach them to an email. Open the email on your phone and click on the attached file. It used to work for me.

yea it plays the file as expected. like its going to root itself into the ringtone directory lol

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
I guess no such luck----Im sort of surprised there is not a program out there that can do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.