Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bax2003

Cancelled
Dec 25, 2011
Nice TopGear. Catching up on Season 18? ;) it looks like your using VLC. Anyway, just a heads up, do you know you can you use VLC in fullscreen and not blank your other monitor out?

It should work default without tinkering with teh settings in the latest version. Just in case you want to do this.

It is not TopGear but one of Clarkson's films - Shootout :)
Yes there is option in VLC (2.0.4) for that:
Prefereces -> Video -> Blank screens in Fullscreen mode

Panthera Uncia

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
Amsterdam
Tolomeo, very nice!

Thanks, I change desk light roughly every 4 months. Although I've been using the Tolomeo now for around 9 months, that articulation is unmatched and I love it.

Buyt maybe I need to put up the Tizio again, or the Luci Porsche for the sake of change and change alone.

The selection:

Last edited:

bax2003

Cancelled
Dec 25, 2011
what do you do that needs 2 G5s and a Pro? Im just curious.

Mac Pro - video postproduction;
1st G5 is actually Intel Core i5 hackintosh for gaming and some win apps;
2nd G5 is not actually G5 either, it is something else (said enough) in G5 chassis but with changed cooling to be almost silent for 24/7 FTP, sharing and downloading.

Who could blame me for loving Mac Pro / G5 chassis :D

lucasfer899

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
London
@J273, screens look amazing! Nice setup.

Calm down dear, poster originally said they were 30". Didn't say what make/model, just because you know what they are doesn't mean the rest of the world does :rolleyes:

Heheh, sorry I was real tired when I posted and I was silly enough to think that was obvious. It's not :p

Sweeperdk

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Århus, Denmark
Old picture but same setup (iPhone has been changed to a 5 though)

setup1.jpg

Am working on crafting a desktop in white plexiglass, with the plexiglass bended up along the wall. Should end up about 5 cm in thickness.

Haven't decided completely on how I am going to mount the monitors, there are a few decent options out there.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Had to remove a chunk of desk to permanently mount the control yoke to my desk...The edges are chamfered and the grips wouldn't hold....Sealed it with varnish though, so it should be okay.

Attachments

• Setup1.png
    Setup1.png
    3 MB · Views: 653

Paul Graham

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2011
Plymouth UK
Which DAC is that? How do you like it?

Its the Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100.

Uses a Wolfsen Chip and yes I love it!!
£200 in Richer Sounds.
Definately worth every penny! Its a small little box but the Sound is far larger! :)

----------

What brand/model is the second monitor?

Its a DELL and for the life of me Ive forgotten the model.
Ill look it up tomorrow as its back in storage, I needed to make a space for my Sony S1 Tablet when it's docked. :)

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
Had to remove a chunk of desk to permanently mount the control yoke to my desk...The edges are chamfered and the grips wouldn't hold....Sealed it with varnish though, so it should be okay.

I noticed that the menu bar is gone on your iMac. How did you hide or remove it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.