Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I played on it and while it was playable and very easy to play on the mini (light weight), I turned on my iPad 4 and the game SCREAMS. I love my mini so much but the 4 definitely is the superior one for high end games. I think the ultimate iPad is coming next year in the form of an all new 5 at under 1 lb.

Oh, I bet! I'd love to see how the new Modern Combat game runs on the iPad 4. Must be sick!

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Exactly the same as an iPad 2.
And exactly the same as an iPad 4. And twice as good as an iPad 3.

(iPad 3 and 4 have to push four times as many pixels as an iPad mini or iPad 2. An iPad 3 is twice as powerful, while an iPad 4 is four times as powerful).

Obviously, the iPad 4 offers the best quality (namely Retina quality), but performance wise (think frame rate, think special effects) there is no difference.

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
Just got a mini (coming from an iPad 3). I think I was a bit naive. I didn't expect to see much performance difference. However I noticed some "video tearing" and lag or stuttering when playing "Dead Trigger" on the mini. The game ran smooth as butter on my iPad 3.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
And exactly the same as an iPad 4. And twice as good as an iPad 3.

(iPad 3 and 4 have to push four times as many pixels as an iPad mini or iPad 2. An iPad 3 is twice as powerful, while an iPad 4 is four times as powerful).

Obviously, the iPad 4 offers the best quality (namely Retina quality), but performance wise (think frame rate, think special effects) there is no difference.

iPad 4 gets everything (Retina, best frame rates, all the special affects)

then its iPad 2

then iPad 3

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA
Just got a mini (coming from an iPad 3). I think I was a bit naive. I didn't expect to see much performance difference. However I noticed some "video tearing" and lag or stuttering when playing "Dead Trigger" on the mini. The game ran smooth as butter on my iPad 3.

I noticed no lag or stuttering playing Dead Trigger on my Mini. Plays very smooth

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.