Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearsloft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Just thought I'd share this for those cheap folks like me :)

I ordered my 27" with 3TB Fusion, i7, and 680 GPU yet I was too cheap to pay for shipping. Today I saw the headline that iMac orders were backed into January and I suddenly decided that I could afford to pay for a couple days of shipping instead of a week so I called Apple hoping that I could expedite shipping (hopefully without further delaying my order).

To my pleasant surprise the CSA offered me 2-3 business shipping for free. I didn't expect this nor was I 'fishing' for it.

My order used to say "Delivers Dec 24- Dec 31 by Standard Shipping" now it says Delivers Dec 20 - 27 via 2-3 Business days"

Another reason that I suddenly decided I could afford to ship faster, yesterday my current iMac (the last of the White iMac models) gave my the dreaded "Macintosh HD cannot be repaired . . . " Fortunately I'm well ready with several external drives.

Bear

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
I phoned them too just to ask a question about changing my order. When I asked about expedited shipping she told me all BTOs should have it and changed mine at no charge tool.

brett2032

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
Tried to expedite mine too

I called apple yesterday to see if I can expedite my 21.5 iMac but he could not because it shipped and was almost here but he offer me something for free. First was a magic mouse that is $69 but I do not like it that's why I chose the trackpad then he ask if I wanted speakers but I said I already had some. So we looked around and I saw the twelve south backpack shelf and so I chose that and now it will be here for free the same day my iMac comes!!!!

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
At this point in the game, I think that "expedited shipping" doesn't mean much. I originally paid $30 for 2-3 day shipping. A few days ago, I called Apple and was told that the iMac wouldn't arrive any sooner because of that, so they removed the charge. (Still waiting for the refund to post.) Now my order says "Next Day Shipping." Go figure. Apple also sent a Magic Trackpad for no additional charge.

Gumbys69

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
I ordered my 21 on release day and it showed Dec28 delivery as I added a few options to it which upped my delivery time. Well I got it yesterday Dec 6!!! I tracked it and it came from California to Where I live in Canada in 1 day. I didn't pay for any quicker shipping at all. Thanks for the surprise Apple, awesome service!

TeeZee1000

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Thanks to this thread, I was able to expedite my order as well and got a free trackpad while I was at it. Thanks!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I called apple yesterday to see if I can expedite my 21.5 iMac but he could not because it shipped and was almost here but he offer me something for free. First was a magic mouse that is $69 but I do not like it that's why I chose the trackpad then he ask if I wanted speakers but I said I already had some. So we looked around and I saw the twelve south backpack shelf and so I chose that and now it will be here for free the same day my iMac comes!!!!

According to 12 South it won't fit the new iMac.

crovali

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
Thanks to this thread I was able to upgrade my standard shipping to NEXT DAY SHIPPING for free! Too bad I didn't get a free magic trackpad like some of you guys did. Still made my night knowing that I'll get my iMac a little sooner than previously expected. :D

bearsloft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Glad others got in on the free expedited shipping. I paid for my track pad, perhaps I should call and ask about switching the track pad to the magic mouse ;)

Nah, just send me my iMac.

Bear

ericbreiter

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
I just want to confirm I managed to expedite shipping as well. Free next day shipping... and I got a free iTV and box of tissues as well to stop my whining.

TeeZee1000

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
What exactly did you tell them? I'd like to do the same

Just basically said I was interested in making some mods to my order, told them I was interested in having my order rec'd before christmas day (orig ship date week of 24th) and that I would prefer a trackpad rather than a magic mouse. I made it perfectly clear to the CSR if any of these changes cancelled my orig order nevermind, He checked into it and made the change to shipping and sent me a separate order for my trackpad and it will be here monday free of charge.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I was able to have my expedited shipping charged waived, so I received expedited shipping "2-3 business days" free of charge. However, I've tried 2 times to get next day shipping, to no avail. They all said they couldn't do it because "it's shipping from China". Does anyone have any tips on how to get next day shipping free?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.